Are there still people working with ProShow ?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Re: Are there still people working with ProShow ?

Postby GabBill » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:30 am

J-P,

Yes, I did that yesterday. Even got their automated email in return that they got my email. But no resposne other than that.

I used the web form on the photodex site. do you (or anyone else) have an alternate email address?
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP
http://www.myphotosinmotion.com

Postby jojo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:14 am

Today I message Photodex asking straightforward if they are out of business and if there would be an update.
Here is their answer within minutes:

It's true that we're currently providing all support services through eMail, so we've scaled back a bit, but we're still around. I can't say when another update will be released, it's not something they typically tell us before hand.“

Postby Jeep » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:18 pm

This looks like an automated reply message. Photodex headquarter did not dispute the fact that its activity was stopped. The beta testers have even been warned.
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby Jeep » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:19 pm

GabBill wrote:J-P,

Yes, I did that yesterday. Even got their automated email in return that they got my email. But no resposne other than that.

I used the web form on the photodex site. do you (or anyone else) have an alternate email address?

I send you a PM with a contact at Photodex ...if he is still in job !
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby harpo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:47 pm

Would it be a good idea to put this news in the "News and Announcement" area as there has been no activity in the Gold area.

Postby Jeep » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:09 pm

harpo wrote:Would it be a good idea to put this news in the "News and Announcement" area as there has been no activity in the Gold area.

Officially this area is managed by Michael for news concerning the forum istelf as it's notified "This is where I'll post messages asking for your help and/or make announcements regarding the ProShow Enthusiasts Message Board.".
Jean-Pierre

My blog

Postby VidQueen » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:35 am

GabBill wrote:The issue I'm up against is my hard drive crashed and had to replaced. So, the new install was not recognized as an upgrade.
I thought about what Jennifer said about installing an older copy, then upgrading it. I installed a copy of version 5 and it did install, but when I tried going from 5 to 6 it still wouldn't register.

This really stinks since I paid for the upgrade and would really like to use it.

Bill

I'm not sure if this helps, but we just installed my latest version of Gold on my husband's computer (he's never installed ProShow at all), and the registration activated with no problems. The "purchase" date was August 2017, so over a year ago.

Jennifer

Postby Jeep » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:08 am

According to Linkedin, David Eddy, number 2 of Photodex is no longer in the staff. He is looking for a new job.
Jean-Pierre

My blog

Valued Member

Postby Lin Evans » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:20 pm

"PTE is far from the possibilities of ProShow ant its development structure is unstable"

????????????????????????????????????

Lin

Postby ronharp » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:28 am

I just discovered that the web version does not open for me this morning.
The website comes up but the program will not open.
Ron Harp
27" Imac

It's been so long, I have to relearn everything.

Postby harpo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:05 pm

Dear All,

Good news.

I asked Photodex the question about installing the software going forward, the response is below.

John,

You should continue to be able to install your ProShow software, including style / effects packs, on your computers going forward. We've changed some support operations around here but we're still running those activation servers.

Thank you,

Joshua
Photodex Corporation

Postby GabBill » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:49 am

Good morning,

I sent a second email to support and got a response to"try it again," which I did this morning and it activated.

That being said, I don't know what the future holds for Photodex, but I do hope they don't close their doors.

Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP
http://www.myphotosinmotion.com

Esteemed Member

Postby quetzal » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:31 pm

Hi everyone,
As for me, I used to Producer and I'm very sad that I can't Watch my shows on the Galery, even after downloading the plugin. quetzal

Postby heckydog » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:49 pm

quetzal wrote:Hi everyone,
As for me, I used to Producer and I'm very sad that I can't Watch my shows on the Galery, even after downloading the plugin. quetzal

I had the same problem trying to watch my shows using Firefox. I found out by accident that I was able to view the shows using Internet Explorer 11 for some reason. There's also a way to download the presenter px files because Presenter loads a temporary copy of the file onto your computer. Off the top of my head, I can't remember the location of the file. Perhaps someone else remembers how to get to the file. I'm pretty sure it has a "tmp" extension but all you have to do is copy it to your desktop and change the copy extension to px.

Then you'll have it saved if Photodex ever decides to remove the Gallery.

Joe

Postby VidQueen » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:06 am

I just wanted to jump in real quick to say that ProShow Web seems to be working just fine. For me, anyway, I don't have a subscription. With my free account, I was able to upload some photos and create a show.

Also, in regards to the Gallery, I can't play anything there either, but that's not new. I had these issues with the Installer years ago, which is why I never used Photodex's Gallery.

I'm not sure that these two things are actual "canaries" in Photodex's Coal Mine.....they both seem to work like they always have. (which is not very well)

Jennifer

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - General Discussion