Are there still people working with ProShow ?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Esteemed Member

Re: Are there still people working with ProShow ?

Postby Dieter » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:57 am

Hello Jean-Pierre,

please what is "PTE" and "NLEs"? I don't know.

Thank you and best regards Dieter

Postby Jeep » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:25 am

PTE : is PicturesToExe a concurrent software developped by WnSoft
NLE : means Non Linear Editor, a software based on the use of layers (audio and video) that perform non-destructive editing on source material. Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas are the most known in the industry.
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby GabBill » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:15 am

Hello All,

Been a while since I've been active on this forum. Not due of a lack of interest, but rather because of some health issues. Be that as it may, I was considering jumping back into the thick of it and updating my now ancient version 6. But this thread has me thinking if my money is better spent elsewhere.

I think, or at least thought, PSP to be a fine product for what it did in version 6. But I couldn't activate it. Got a message about too many activations. What kind of nonsense is that? I started using PSP in version 3. I had to rebuild my PC in my office so that install is Gone. I never had this problem before!!! Then, when I looked for a phone, there was none. WOWOW!!!!

Photodex was never a company that revealed upcoming product info. I get that. They were always a little pompous when you called them, but NEVER did they hide their phone # and you could always get in touch with them by phone.

Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP
http://www.myphotosinmotion.com

Postby Jeep » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:13 pm

Bill my friend, Photodex is no longer behind the phones or emails. Photodex is dead ! They no longer have an office and we pray for someone to revive ProShow
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby VidQueen » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi All,

I'm still here (for now....)

I'll be creating ProShow products for a little while longer (the program will continue to work, no matter what happens to Photodex), but I'll slowly shift to Premiere Pro and Elements Templates, Transitions, and Tutorials. I've used Premiere Pro for over 20 years, but never to create content for others and rarely as a Photo Slide Show program; mostly just as a video editor, as it was intended to be. Should be interesting.

I would love to hear that someone bought the ProShow software code and plans to keep it going....but, who knows.

If anyone has any questions about using ProShow, you can always shoot me a line :)

choiceslides@gmail.com

Jennifer
www.choiceslides.com

Postby harpo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi All,

We now no Photodex has closed it doors, but the website is still open, my suggestion is if you haven't got a copy of your latest software, download it before the Photodex website has gone forever also.

I realise Photodex have probably gone through bad times, but not letting the users know is wrong.

Postby PhotoMill » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:06 pm

Let's also keep in mind that although we are all saddened by this situation, there was most likely a full house team of programmers, sales people, investors big and small, the support staff and those dedicated to making Photodex what it currently is today. Those that tirelessly answered questions even on Sunday mornings such as Alex and Joshua who have all no doubt, families and dependants. One would have to blind to all of this, to not see the absolute dedication to the company that these folks had. They even won awards based on customer support. My heart goes out to those affected job wise. Hopefully this black cloud will produce a silver lining for everyone...

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Postby PhotoMill » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:09 pm

Jeep wrote:Bill my friend, Photodex is no longer behind the phones or emails. Photodex is dead ! They no longer have an office and we pray for someone to revive ProShow

Jeep, lets all hope that there might be a "Lazaurus" about to happen. It's never over till it's over !!

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Esteemed Member

Postby Dieter » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:29 pm

Hello,
does anyone know what photodex says to this situation? Is there a Statement?

Best regards Dieter

Postby GabBill » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:51 am

Jean-Pierre,

That's pretty incredible!!! And not only is Photodex no longer a viable company, I can't even get the product registered and working. Too bad. I have a legitimate serial # and can't activate it. I guess I'm dead in the water.

Hi Jenn, Been a while. Seems like I missed a lot. hope all is well.
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP

Postby VidQueen » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:53 am

PhotoMill wrote:... Those that tirelessly answered questions even on Sunday mornings such as Alex and Joshua who have all no doubt, families and dependents.... My heart goes out to those affected job wise. Hopefully this black cloud will produce a silver lining for everyone...

...Steve

Agreed. I've communicated with both Alex and Josh off the boards from time to time (not recently, I'm afraid) and I can tell you that they are both wonderful people. I hope they're ok.

GabBill wrote:Hi Jenn, Been a while. Seems like I missed a lot. hope all is well.

Yes, it has. I think we all did. Me, too.

Jennifer
http://www.choiceslides.com

Postby VidQueen » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:15 am

GabBill wrote:... And not only is Photodex no longer a viable company, I can't even get the product registered and working. Too bad. I have a legitimate serial # and can't activate it. I guess I'm dead in the water.

I wanted to test this, myself, and I think I have some good news, at least for some people. I uninstalled and re-installed Gold on my laptop (the program I rarely use on a computer I rarely use, just in case it didn't work). I was never given an option to enter my registration code because my laptop recognized that it had been previously installed (within the last 12 months, I assume) and automatically labeled the install as a "Free Upgrade".

So....I think we have 12 months from the original install to re-install, if needed. I can't really test it beyond that....there's no way I'm uninstalling anything from my main computer, at this point. Not while I still need to program to function, anyway.

Jennifer
http://www.choiceslides.com

Postby mrdcambs » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:23 am

Deleted
Last edited by mrdcambs on Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GabBill » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:56 am

The issue I'm up against is my hard drive crashed and had to replaced. So, the new install was not recognized as an upgrade.
I thought about what Jennifer said about installing an older copy, then upgrading it. I installed a copy of version 5 and it did install, but when I tried going from 5 to 6 it still wouldn't register.

This really stinks since I paid for the upgrade and would really like to use it.

Bill
Canon 20D
PS CS3
PSP

Postby Jeep » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:11 am

Bill, you may try to send them a mail. Some people have received replies to their emails since yesterday.
Jean-Pierre

My blog

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - General Discussion