New release

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

New release

Postby Jeep » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:52 pm

ProShow 9.0.3793 is out.
Nothing new, seems to be a bugs correcting version.

No great activity in the forum too !!!
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Re: New release

Postby Astra » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:09 am

Jean-Pierre,
how right you are on both counts - ( you are - as usual - pointing directly to a center of a problem):

A - 9.0.3793 is out .... BUGS & ALL --- BUT on top of it ----- I had even problem to install it -
- ( it downloads, YES, - but then EXE goes somewhere in "black-hole" & I even cannot find it (to do as usual): " to save it & install in separate directory" ---- so I DID NOT do it ... yet ...

B - No great activity in the forum too - which I've noticed, too ....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# A - Could you, please - (or somebody else) - be so kind and help me with new update install ??

# B - I do not know ...... it looks like - we are all in some sort of limbo ......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you, Astra / Alex

Postby cherub » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:07 am

Astra,

Could be that your download was corrupted. This can happen with any download, and it has nothing to do with ProShow.
Normally you will find ALL your downloads in the directory that you designated for downloads in your browser.
In Firefox: Tools > Downloads
In Chrome: the three dots > Downloads.

If you can't find your first download, just download again. The second download will be marked by Windows as (1) or something like this.
Use this new copy to install.

There is absolutely no need to install in a separate folder. It's just a minor update to fix bugs. Installing on top of your previous version is perfectly OK.

We normally recommend installing in a separate folder ONLY in the case of major releases. For example from ver. 8 to 9.
But, even that is not really necessary.

Postby Astra » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:18 pm

Mona,
thanks for your reply, will do it.
Thanks, Astra.

Postby leon_philippe » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:39 am

Astra wrote:Mona,
thanks for your reply, will do it.
Thanks, Astra.

Hello,

I had a problem to install the new release. It said that a file (I don't remember which one), was not present. It also informed that maybe my antivirus blocked the installation.
I restarted completely my computer (Win 10 Pro 64b), and stopped my antivirus (Emisoft Internet Security).
Then the installation was OK.
Cordialement,
Philippe

Postby Astra » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:14 am

Leon / Philippe
... interesting !!! --- will look at it ...
Thanks for the idea...

Return to PSP - General Discussion