Need Suggestions for Memorial Show

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Need Suggestions for Memorial Show

Postby Oldguy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:21 pm

Making a memorial show for fellow ( 53 years old ) for which I only have pictures/info for last 25 years. Previously married with children ( they are grown now, few pic's of grown children ) most pics are of 2nd family and life. What would be proper way to start show? The more that I think about it the more troubled I get. Appreciate your comments

Thanks

Re: Need Suggestions for Memorial Show

Postby Solitude » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:36 pm

Do you want a sad and somber show, or a Celebration of Life memorial? Take into account his hobbies, his passions, what he loved and build the memorial show around it Talk with a family member, view this person through their eyes. I once did a show for a band member. Music and family was his life. I started the show with a scenery shot and a quote, which led into a video clip of him singing on stage, following with pictures of family and friends, his fellow band members. My ending was another video clip of him performing solo. Over 400 were at the memorial service. To me a successful memorial show is when I see tears shed, when I hear laughter over funny moments shared, when I can leave the bereaved family with joy as well as sorrow. A reminder that the life they shared was precious. I was told I captured him perfectly which was music to my ears. Only other advice, make sure it flows well and is not overly long. You can do this!

Postby Oldguy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Thank you for your suggestions!!! Good ideas, will include some of them in my show!

Thanks a bunch
Forrest

Postby Solitude » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:43 pm

Your welcome. There is no law that says you have to portray one family first over the other. You can always mix the photo's of the families with the photo's of friends.

Return to PSP - General Discussion