Audio extraction from an .mts file

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Audio extraction from an .mts file

Postby PhotoMill » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi all...,

Just wondering if anyone has ever had any luck extracting an audio file from a .mts file. Built within a Canon camcorder video file, I have a dinner blessing that was made by an Uncle who died just 2 months ago. He was a RC Priest as well and became critically ill in a mere few months after retiring at the age of 84. His dinner "grace" (totally audio but with a .mts file) will go a long way for us on several different slideshows now.

Audacity is now working with Win 10 (ver 3.2.1) but there is little to help regarding extracting audio files from any AVCHD files. Any help on this project, much appreciated !!

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Re: Audio extraction from an .mts file

Postby heckydog » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:17 pm

All I ever had to do was drag and drop the video file onto Audacity and it started extracting the audio automatically. Then export the audio in your preferred format.

If that doesn't work Audacity can capture any audio coming through your computer speakers. Start Audacity recording then start playing the video. You can then trim it down to what you need for your project.

Joe

Postby PhotoMill » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:05 pm

Thanks Joe. I tried to get Audacity to export the file but to no avail. Probably doing something wrong. Actually, I have a Zoom 5 recorder and was thinking of doing your other suggestion.

Merry Christmas !!

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Video Studio Pro X5

Postby Dean Athans » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:46 am

Steve -

Joe's suggestions are right on.

However, I did get Audacity to work but had to load a (free) "plug-in" but cannot remember the name of it. Audacity directed me on how to find and load that plug-in that allows me to extract audio from the different video formats I shoot through my cameras. Maybe reading through the Audacity on-line documentation can give you that info.

- Dean A.
Dean A

Postby PhotoMill » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:21 pm

Thanks Dean,

I tried to look into the plug-in you are referring to and I believe it was "FFMpeg". In the process, I happened to do another search for an audio stripper and found this: Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. It ran perfectly at first crack and did just what I was hoping for. The program not only takes care of audio but also does more converting of the various formats. This was the only real program that removed audio and saved it in any format that I wanted. Found at: https://videoconverter.wondershare.net/

Hope you are enjoying Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone !

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Video Studio Pro X5

Return to PSP - General Discussion