New Proshow Producer 9 Rendering issues

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

New Proshow Producer 9 Rendering issues

Postby anitaemile » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi,

Has anyone encountered the rendering issue , where all applied shadows appear magnified?
Rendering high resolution video showed magnified shadows, where these were applied to layers. Had to reinstall the old 7 version to create a video file without this issue
Not at all impressed with the 9 version. I rather work with modifiers than the new " follow" feature.
Thanks

Anita

Re: New Proshow Producer 9 Rendering issues

Postby cherub » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:29 pm

anitaemile wrote:Hi,
Has anyone encountered the rendering issue , where all applied shadows appear magnified?
Rendering high resolution video showed magnified shadows, where these were applied to layers. Had to reinstall the old 7 version to create a video file without this issue
Not at all impressed with the 9 version. I rather work with modifiers than the new " follow" feature.
Thanks
Anita

ProShow (both Producer and Gold) has been having issues with shadows for a very, very long time. I thinks that it started with ver. 5, if my memory serves me right.
Those magnified shadows, as you call them, were visible in every DVD rendering. (mpeg format).
That is why I've stopped using the built-in shadow features altogether :D The shadows that I use are created in various other ways.

Because of this, I haven't noticed that the new Producer has now issues ALSO while rendering to the other, HD formats.

You may wish to report this to Photodex, but... it's a rather old issue.

Postby anitaemile » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:31 am

Hi Mona

I have never seen the issue in rendering to .avi file, but I have to admit, I don't render to DVD. I did write a tech report, so hope to hear from them next week. I use other ways of creating shadows as well, but when the layer load is heavy I tend to apply shadows with the shadow feature where possible .

Postby cherub » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:20 pm

The only thing that matters is the fact that many of my customers do make DVDs.
So, if the built-in shadow doesn't work well for that, for me, it is as if it doesn't exist.

Return to PSP - General Discussion