Saving Projects

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Saving Projects

Postby Roelof » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:56 am

Why would you want to save a "project and all the shows within it"? Thanks, Roelof

Re: Saving Projects

Postby cherub » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:27 am

Well, the obvious reason would be ... to be able to get back to it later and work on it some more. :D

Also, you might wish to preserve a project if you made a DVD out of the shows contained in it.

Postby Roelof » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:36 am

Thanks Mona for your reply. Obviously my question was not expressed clearly. When saving a project I have to choose between "Save Project" and "Save Project and all shows". Is there any difference between the two options and which would be the preferred option? Each Show was made separately and saved separately before combining them in a project . Does the "Save Project and all shows" save the shows again in their original locations (overwriting the original shows) or are they saved in a new location? Sorry to be so exasperating but I appreciate and value your advice. Regards, Roelof

Postby cherub » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:20 am

Roelof,
Now I understand much better what you meant in your first post.

First of all, you should read a bit about "Projects" in the Help file that comes with the program. Press F1 or Help, and read chapter 25 - Templates and Projects

As they say there: "It helps to think of a project like a folder that gathers all of your shows together into one larger group."

A project doesn't move your files from where they are on your hard disk, it doesn't modify your files in any way, and it does not save them any differently than the regular process of saving the individual shows.
It's just an "organizer" that helps you load all the shows in one place, and on screen at the same time.

It doesn't really matter how you choose to save, as long as you don't forget to do it :D
The option "Save Project and All Shows" just saves you time. In one click you save everything.
If your shows have been already saved, then you would choose just to save the project.

It is up to you to decide what is better suited for your needs.
But, just as a side note: Pay attention to the asterix (the starlike symbol) placed next to the name of an unsaved show, as opposed to no sign at all next to a show that has been already saved.
This might show you what kind of saving would be best in each case.

Postby Roelof » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:22 pm

Hi Mona, sorry about the late reply. I was away on holiday. Thank you so much for your detailed reply to my (probably) tedious request. Several years ago you also solved one of my problems. You remain a STAR!

Return to PSP - General Discussion