Collected show opens with blank slides

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Collected show opens with blank slides

Postby nsd3 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:34 am

I recently had to go back to an old slide show I'd originally saved by using the PSP8 option "Collect Show Files". When I open the psh file, I get no errors, but the show is empty of all content. All the slides are blank, though they do have all the effects layers etc. that were applied to each slide individually, just no images. There's no audio files either. If I go to the Tools menu and click on either Find Empty Placeholders or Fine Missing Files, PSP8 informs me there's nothing missing.

I'm baffled by this one. All the content is there in the default folders PSP8 creates when you collect the show, but PSP8 itself doesn't seem to understand how to read the content back into the opened slide show.

Does anyone know if I can correct this and get the slide show back to full working order?

Regards,

Steve

Re: Collected show opens with blank slides

Postby cherub » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:15 am

Yes, it does sound weird.
Sometimes the show cache gets corrupted and causes problems.

Close the program and delete the file ShowName.pxc (ShowName is of course the name of the show that you gave to your show, and it has the extension pxc).
This file is found in the folder where you saved the show.
Reopen the program and reload the show.

As an afterthought:
Is this a new install of Producer 9 ?
Did you reboot the computer after install ?

Postby nsd3 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:44 am

Hi Mona, I'd already tried deleting the PXC file associated with the slide show but it hasn't made any difference.

I'm still using V8 of ProShow Producer and haven't even looked at V9 yet. Very strange!

Steve

Postby cherub » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:07 am

Does that old show, by any chance, use transitions and/or slide styles that are no longer installed on your computer?
Have you removed some transitions lately ?

Perhaps you should give Photodex Service dept. a call, or email them.

Postby nsd3 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:30 am

I've actually figured out what has happened, and it is something I'll be putting to Photodex as it' a major bug, the issue is replicable, and the bad news is, your slide show can't be recovered. I'll report it to Photodex first, then I'll post the issue here, as I think it could catch a lot of folk out.

Steve

Return to PSP - General Discussion