Version 9 Troublesome

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Version 9 Troublesome

Postby girard1974 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:37 pm

While I was using Version 8 on the morning I purchased Version 9, my computer was humming along like grease through you know what. After installing Version 9, I get incessant "Not Responding" messages that last for ten seconds or more. Considering that time is of the essence with the projects I am working on, this is a big problem. My computer is a Dell Precision T5810 with Xeon processors and 32 GB of RAM - shouldn't have much trouble running this program. Question One: is anyone else experiencing this kind of problem; and if so, is there a solution? Question Two: if I've saved projects using Version 9, will they run under Version 8 if I choose to reinstall it? Thanks!

Re: Version 9 Troublesome

Postby cherub » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:43 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I've seen this "Not Responding" message from time to time, in all the versions of Producer that I've used. Can't say that ver. 9 behaves any different.
So, I'm not sure what exactly is happening on your computer. You may wish to give Photodex support a call. They are pretty good at troubleshooting this sort of thing.

But, here are some thoughts:
(a) Are you sure that the transitions have "cached" ? When a new version is installed, the styles are "opened" during the install, but the transitions are not. Open a new show and insert a blank slide.Click on the A/B transition as if you want to change it, and then wait a bit. Is Producer going through the process of "caching transitions" ? Then wait until it is done.
(b) Running the program as administrator always solves problems. RIGHT click on the icon of the program on the desktop, and choose "Run as administrator".
(c) The basic troubleshooting method also solves problems: While the program is closed, delete the files: proshow.cfg and proshow.phd from the directory of the program.
These files will be recreated when you next open the program. The program will be restored to its defaults.

To your second question:
You may reinstall version 8 again if you wish, and open the project created in ver. 9.
However, you will get a message that the show was created in a newer version, and some features may not show up correctly.
If you used any of the new functions of ver. 9, like layer filters, or motion filters, they will not show up in ver. 8.
Otherwise you'll be fine.

But, do try to give Photodex a call....

Postby Jeep » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:10 am

Another reason is in the installation process :
1- antivirus deactivated during install
2- Execute as administrator checked in the compatibility tab of the install icon properties

After that, you must run ProShow as administrator too.
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby Deadman » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:00 am

Also keep in mind, you can have 100 gig of ram and Pro Show only uses whats left of the first 4. 64 bit would solve that issue. There is a patch program out there that helps with the 4 gig problem. Its called 4gb_patch.. I have it, but not sure who on here sent me the link. I have a Zip file of it if you want to post or send me your email would be glad to share.

Postby Deadman » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:00 am

Also keep in mind, you can have 100 gig of ram and Pro Show only uses whats left of the first 4. 64 bit would solve that issue. There is a patch program out there that helps with the 4 gig problem. Its called 4gb_patch.. I have it, but not sure who on here sent me the link. I have a Zip file of it if you want to post or send me your email would be glad to share.

Return to PSP - General Discussion