Version 9 is out

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Re: Version 9 is out

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:15 am

I'm not sure, but the newest fix may have been for more minor things that you may never encounter, and if you do, there's always version 8 to fall back on, right? I just found a weird anomaly in the current v.9, but v.8 stepped right up and said, "At your service, ma'am!"

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Jeep » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:43 am

There is a bug that should be corrected in the next build : using a text layer cannot display preview of motion filters !
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby Apolinaire » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:51 am

Hi,
Since yesterday, the version of Proshow is 9.0.3772. The fourth in one week! Is somebody knowing if the users we are can know improvments between 2 versions? Say, between 3771 and 3772, what is corrected? I didn't find this information on the Photodex site.

Postby cherub » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:18 am

Apolinaire wrote:Hi,
Since yesterday, the version of Proshow is 9.0.3772. The fourth in one week! Is somebody knowing if the users we are can know improvments between 2 versions? Say, between 3771 and 3772, what is corrected? I didn't find this information on the Photodex site.

All these recent versions contain bug fixes.
I think that the latest has to do with video clips and how they are imported into a show.

Postby Apolinaire » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:10 pm

cherub wrote:All these recent versions contain bug fixes.

I hope they do !
cherub wrote:I think that the latest has to do with video clips and how they are imported into a show.

What makes you say that? You think, OK. But you can think about anything you are personally interested in Proshow! Technically speaking, there is no report about improvments between two "sub" versions. I would have like to know them. In order to guide my tests on major points.

Postby JVH58 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:55 pm

Although ProShow is most likely the best program for creating shows, I have finally, after owning nearly every version of producer, effects packs and transition packs, come to the following decision. I'm done upgrading under Photodex's current policy.

Now the why.

I would expect to pay an UPGRADE price from WHOLE version to WHOLE version. However it is unfair that we loyal users/customers should have to be left out of BUG FIXES that are just that. FIXES for Photodex's programming errors. The past week is the perfect example. Several BUG FIXES unavailable to those that have paid the upgrade price.

Think of it this way. You buy a TV from Walmart. A few days later the manufacture realizes that they designed a BUG in the TV that prevents the TV from performing as advertised. You go back to Walmart and the manufacture and you are told... "To bad, we don't provide fixes to customers who have already bought our product".

Photodex has a bad record of doing this.

BUG FIXES are just that. FIXES and anyone purchasing or qualifying for a free upgrade should get BUG FIXES as well.

Rant is over. Again, I believe this is my last version and product that I will be considering from Photodex.

Disclosure: I missed the free upgrade by 4 days. After emailing Photodex they gave me a ONE TIME FREE UPGRADE to 9.0.3769. However it DOES NOT include BUG FIXES for additional/future programming bug/error fixes.

Postby Jeep » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:41 pm

I think the problem is that the program is insufficiently tested or the way of testing is not correctly done without researching new situations linked to the new functions. With every new release we state that most bugs come from new added features interfering with ancient features that were previously OK. This is an abnormal situation. After more than one year without release we discover an unfinished release where bugs succeed bugs. Among these bugs I found that in version 9, the fact of using a cropped video clip in a vignette was freezing the clip !! Yet, this is not a new feature but someone has touched something that has damaged a feature which was correctly working ... until now.
Another bug I found, yet easy to detect : the new feature "motion filters" is supposed to work with all layers. When we use a text layer, the preview of filters doesn't work, then we can't use this function as we can't see what each filter does.

We must be prepared to a serie of important fixes, then many future releases.
Jean-Pierre
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Postby mimifurby » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:59 am

Hello,

For me, when a new PSP release is available to public, it should be thoroughly tested before. Unfortunately, this is not the case for Proshow. :cry:

When I was (a long time ago) in a software development team, before releasing a new version to public, we made a lot of testing.
Regression testing is mandatory, but I think Photodex does not know about that.

When I get a new PSP release, usually I take a show that run fine with previous version.
I did the same this time, and encountered the problem mentioned by Jeep who identified the reason why my "cropped videos" were behaving strangely.

I extracted part of the show (4 mn out of the 12 mn show) and submitted a problem report to Photodex.
To do this I used the online procedure to report from PSP when the show is opened (Help >> Report a problem) . This works fine, but needs an Internet high speed connection.

I exchanged with Customer Support 3 times yesterday, and I can confirm that the video problem is not solved with the latest version 9.0.3772.
It worked perfectly with V 8.0.3648

The latest message received yesterday night was :

"Hi Michelle!

Thanks for reporting this back to us.
We have an internal build of ProShow 9 that should correct this issue. We're waiting for our QA team to test this internally before we push this out to the public.
We'll want you to get this update as soon as it comes out later this week or early next week to see if this resolve the problem you're seeing on your end."

We should get a new one shortly, and I hope it will solve the problem. :roll:
Mimifurby (from France)
Dell Alienware Aurora R4- Ram:16 Gb - NVIDIA GTX 680
2 Dell U2713HM 27" W - Win10/64 - PSP 8.0.3648
Photodex :mimifurby
Vimeo :http://vimeo.com/channels/mimifurby

Postby magray » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:01 am

Thank you for all your comments. After reading same I think I'll miss this upgrade with its many updates.

Postby Jeep » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:11 pm

Bug concerning the preview of motion filters actions has been fixed with release 9.0.3776 !
Jean-Pierre

My blog

Postby mimifurby » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:18 pm

Jeep wrote:Bug concerning the preview of motion filters actions has been fixed with release 9.0.3776 !

OK, at least one good news, but the video bug reported above is not solved with this new release. :cry:
Mimifurby (from France)

Postby Kneedeep248 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:48 am

I was sad to not see an 64bit version.... :-( Maybe by the time Windows goes to 128, we may see a 64bit version....

Postby rogerdee » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:03 am

JVH58 wrote:Although ProShow is most likely the best program for creating shows, I have finally, after owning nearly every version of producer, effects packs and transition packs, come to the following decision. I'm done upgrading under Photodex's current policy.

Now the why.

I would expect to pay an UPGRADE price from WHOLE version to WHOLE version. However it is unfair that we loyal users/customers should have to be left out of BUG FIXES that are just that. FIXES for Photodex's programming errors. The past week is the perfect example. Several BUG FIXES unavailable to those that have paid the upgrade price.

Think of it this way. You buy a TV from Walmart. A few days later the manufacture realizes that they designed a BUG in the TV that prevents the TV from performing as advertised. You go back to Walmart and the manufacture and you are told... "To bad, we don't provide fixes to customers who have already bought our product".

Photodex has a bad record of doing this.

BUG FIXES are just that. FIXES and anyone purchasing or qualifying for a free upgrade should get BUG FIXES as well.

Rant is over. Again, I believe this is my last version and product that I will be considering from Photodex.

Disclosure: I missed the free upgrade by 4 days. After emailing Photodex they gave me a ONE TIME FREE UPGRADE to 9.0.3769. However it DOES NOT include BUG FIXES for additional/future programming bug/error fixes.

Exactly-- I could not agree more. NO WAY should PAYING CUSTOMERS be forced to pay for BUG FIXES! It's an indefensible, greedy policy IMO. But hey, they don't seem to care all that much about what their users think...

Postby mimifurby » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:28 am

Hi,

Good news : a new version 9.0.3782 was released yesterday.
I installed it and made some tests.

It solves the problem I reported above with some of AVI video files. :)
Mimifurby (from France)

Postby Apolinaire » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:48 am

Hi,
Happy for you Mimifurby. Hope it lasts !

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - General Discussion