Latest proshow and MPEG-2 import into Encore

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Latest proshow and MPEG-2 import into Encore

Postby evangary » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:32 am

Hi all,
I am still using Producer 6 and am contemplating upgrading to Producer 8. But I have a question: do the MPEG-2 files generated by producer 8 work in Adobe Encore as is or do they still render as upper field first and need to be reencoded before being imported into Encore?

Valued Member

Re: Latest proshow and MPEG-2 import into Encore

Postby Luke_Miller » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:05 pm

I always had to re-render MPEG-2 files from Producer in order to get them into Encore. With the current version I export my Proshow production as a high bit-rate AVC-Intra file which I take into Premiere Pro for finalizing. I can produce both Blu-ray and DVD versions from the same AVC-Intra file. There are also new export formats that claim to match DVD specifications, but I haven't tried them. Producer 8 has been the solution to my export issues.

Postby evangary » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:55 am

Thanks for the information, Luke!

Postby nsd3 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:19 pm

I use PSP8 and Luke says, I create the AVC-Intra files from Producer. Only difference in my workflow is I pass the files through Adobe Media Encoder to produce the MPEG-2 and Blu_ray Full HD versions. Both of these types of file import straight into Encore without further transcoding. The advantage of Adobe Media Encoder is it's faster and makes better use of your hardware where it can, and you can batch your files, which means you can leave the PC unattended and let it simply get on with transcoding. Disadvantage, Media Encoder is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite and it's a costly monthly fee.

Steve

Postby evangary » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Thanks, nsd3, for your input as well.
I am familiar with Adobe Media Encoder as I am still using CS6 Production Premium, the last CS suite that was released before Adobe went with the subscription model. I don't like the subscription model and will hold off as long as I possibly can.

For now, I use TMPGENC MPEG Smart Render 4. After creating an MPEG-2 file form Proshow Producer, I feed the MPEG-2 file into TMPGenc and have it re-encode the audio to AC-3. The video does NOT get re-encoded and Encore does not re-encode the resulting MPEG-2 file.

evangary

Return to PSP - General Discussion