Switch to full style
Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Post a reply

Proshow Updates

Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:38 pm

Well it has been awhile since we have had one. I also noticed that their copyright is 1994 - 2016.. wonder if anything to do with no updates yet this year.. Well guess time will tell

Re: Proshow Updates

Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:51 am

As I said in another post, we are on the basis of one update a year (and a few days more just to be out of the "one year free upgrade"). Nobody knows what's in the pipeline and if the update might be worthwhile.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:39 am

Around me, many people have clearly made the choice of the "competition" which becomes as fair as ProShow and is delivered multi-languages and with more frequent updates. I can't say if it's a good choice but royalties will no longer enter the Photodex account.
There is now 13 months without any news from Austin, we don't know if Paul Schmidt is still President and if there are still any employees working on the development.
If someone as news from Texas it should be nice before we decide to change our software. :mrgreen:

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:00 pm

Well, no updates as of yet. There are not a lot of other programs out there that are as good as this one. I will wait before I think of bailing out, have to much $ invested in all the updates to now.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:01 am

Last edited by Jeep on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:01 am

You are totally right Deadman, ProShow IS a very good software. The competition is working hard, so in a few months, many other software will be as good as ProShow because ProShow is a model which is widely cloned in its features. If you have a look on PTE, you will see that many features are "ProShow-like" functions that have been deployed after ProShow's !
I don't know many editors who leave a program without updates more than one year. There are a lot of possible enhancements for this software, Dale Fenimore has showed us that it was possible to add serious innovative things in ProShow.
Anyway, we will have all the necessary patience
Jean-Pierre

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:48 am

Looks like Proshow 9 is out this morning.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:52 am

Yessssssssssssssss

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:45 am

My eyes about popped out when I saw it on twitter this morning. I am very much looking forward to downloading the update. I am hoping this new version is 64 bit.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:13 pm

Sorry - while it has some new features, it is still 32 bit.
Post a reply