Produce 6 has run out of memory

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Valued Member

Produce 6 has run out of memory

Postby RoseW » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:24 pm

This is in the pop up message when I attempt to open the .psh file but I cannot act on revising anything within that show since Producer immediately closes.
I was testing out inserting small videos into a show (one slide with length of 1 min) The total length of this experimental show is 7 minutes. It rendered with no problem.
This computer has 16mb ram but that might not be what the 'out of memory' message means.

I wondered if I uninstalled v6 if that would dump the info about intricate slide detail.

Rose
Canon 6D,7D,
Lightroom & Photoshop Classic CC, Producer 6, Gold 6
Windows 10 pro
Epson Projector

Valued Member

Re: Produce 6 has run out of memory

Postby RoseW » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:36 pm

Did uninstall Producer 6.
I had also downloaded a trial of version 8 so the Win10 uninstall only had Producer listed....so trial V8 was uninstalled.
Had to get creative to uninstall V6. There is a 'remove.exe' in the program file list. That seemed to do the trick.
Reinstalled v6 - got into preferences and unticked the video graphic accelerator. That feature has not been a problem all this time but that was one of the suggestions.
Reopened the troubled file and it opened quickly. Inserted another audio file under a few images and and all is well.
Who knows what went off the rails but how was a correction to be made when the prog. would shut down immediately following that 'memory overuse' message?
Canon 6D,7D,
Lightroom & Photoshop Classic CC, Producer 6, Gold 6
Windows 10 pro
Epson Projector

Re: Produce 6 has run out of memory

Postby Deadman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:45 pm

There is a patch for pro show for the memory, its called 4gb_patch.exe. Comes in a zip file and you put it in your Pro show directory and it helps with the mem issue. This very little tool patches x86 executables in order to let them have 4GB (instead of only 2) of virtual memory on x64 platforms. http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Return to PSP - General Discussion