Slide Sound Volume Control

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Slide Sound Volume Control

Postby jrh430 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:41 pm

I have reviewed other posts on this topic but can't locate an answer to my concern. I'm using PSP 8.0.3648 and have 32 minute narrated show with 224 slides. The slides include mostly photos or multiple photo styles but there are a few short video clips, some with their own sound. Due to length of show have six pieces of music in main show sound track.The show soundtrack is set to about 20-30% volume because I want it only for deep background under narration. I'm narrating the show in six sections, one for each city we visited. So, for example, the narration for one city may run for 40 slides and it is "attached" to the first slide for that city as a slide sound. I'm using a Samson USB Meteor Mic with PSP's Slide Sound/Record feature for the narration. Okay, all that to get to my question: How can I change the volume of the narration sound? Although I have been using PSP for a over 8 years, I've never had a firm grasp of all the volume controls which may account for my predicament. (However, one thing I've picked up searching the forum here is that PSP has weaknesses in the use and control of sounds in a show.) I have tried every imaginable combination of settings but to no avail. I'm sure I'm missing something but I'll be danged if I know what it is. Anybody shed light?

Re: Slide Sound Volume Control

Postby jrh430 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:43 pm

Okay, I may have found an (THE?) answer. In Show Sounds, I set the Soundtrack Volume to 10, Master Volume to 100, Defaults for Slide Sounds to 0 and Soundtrack During Other Sounds also to 0. For the first slide for one of the six cities in Slide Options set Custom Slide Sound Settings to 100 and Override Soundtrack During this Sound to 64. Custom Slide Sound Settings seems to be the one that determines the narration volume. Boy, when I look at how obvious or simple it seems when I describe it above, I can hardly believe the frustrations and route taken to arrive at what appears to be an obvious and simple answer. Thanks for all the help I'm sure I would have received!

Return to PSP - General Discussion