Projection at Event

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Projection at Event

Postby mlebo » Thu May 25, 2017 10:52 am

Hello All - I have started a small business making montages to be shown at special occasions (Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, etc). I am not projecting the shows and am not familiar with projection equipment. The montages will be shown by the DJs on their projection equipment. I just have to give them the DVD. Shouldn't the aspect ratio of the show depend on the type of projection equipment used? Should I verify with each DJ what aspect ratio they need? Also, someone told me that there is something in ProShow Producer that I can adjust that will help to make sure the show is bright enough when used with a projector. Can anyone shed any light on that? Are there any other helpful hints to make me feel more experienced than I actually am for producing shows that others will project.

Also, I produced a DVD of a show that when shown on my newer flat screen TV fills the entire screen but when shown on a different older but still flat screen TV there was letterboxing around the show and it looked slightly distorted. We tried every setting on the TV and couldn't get rid of the letterboxing.

Thanks for you help!
Michelle

Re: Projection at Event

Postby ginger » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:15 am

Hi,

I haven't personally projected any shows, but I did bookmark one of the Photodex blog posts about it. There might be some useful information in it for you:

http://www.proshowblog.com/2015/03/how- ... ext-event/

ginger

Return to PSP - General Discussion