Switch to full style
Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Post a reply

Working file from executable?

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:19 am

My subject is my question: is it possible to get a working file from an executable that I created with PSP? I have selectable chapters, but the more important thing at this point would be to just create a video file from the executable file. I no longer have access to the disc that has all of the files that went into creating the show.

Thanks

Re: Working file from executable?

Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:39 pm

I am not aware of a way to get to a working file from an executable - my understanding of the .exe file is it is basically a "presenter" wrapper for something along the lines of the .px format - or at least the same idea with all the resources including transitions etc. included in the .exe "wrapper". The only way I know of that should work would be to use a screen capture utility and play your show full screen at a high resolution to get the best possible result to work with. Make sure whatever screen capture utility you use you set it for minimum compression if it has that option (the more compressed stuff is the worse it is to edit and get decent results).

mikey

Re: Working file from executable?

Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:25 am

Thanks Mikey. I was afraid of that!
Post a reply