new sound track for 3 selected slides

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

new sound track for 3 selected slides

Postby silversmith » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:56 am

I have a show with a background sound track, but for specific parts of the show, say 2 or 3 slides, I want to use a different sound track for the length of those slides only (muting the show background track). I tried "sync to track" selecting the new sound track and the desired slides, but PSP8 keeps the old background track playing anyway. I can change the track for one slide using a single slide audio options, but I want the new audio to span several slides, not just the one. I am missing something - help most appreciated. Thanks.

Re: new sound track for 3 selected slides

Postby cherub » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:53 am

The only option to have multiple soundtracks in a show is to have a main show audio track, and then to insert the additional tracks as "sounds" to particular slide/s.

Adding a sound is done in Slide Options > Slide Sound.
This menu will provide you with all the options that you need.

In "Sound Timing", you have the option to "offset" this sound, and also to "Continue playback of sound after slide ends".

So, if you have, let's say, 3 slides, you would need to insert the sound in the 2nd slide.
Then you need to offset it from previous (the 1st slide) by an exact time. Make your calculations, and write a negative value of seconds. For example -3 or -3.5 etc.

You also need this sound to continue into the 3rd slide.
Make sure that you have a check mark in :"Continue playback of sound after slide ends"
If your "sound" is too long, you can edit it by using "Edit Fades and Timing"

To mute the main show track during these three slides, put a check mark in "Override Soundrack During This Sound".
The default is 50%. If you write 0 (zero), you will mute it completely.

It's a bit convoluted, but this method will do the job :D

Return to PSP - General Discussion