control layer order of images as added to slide

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

control layer order of images as added to slide

Postby silversmith » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:03 am

Lets say I add 6 images to a slide - call them image 1-6 - by control dragging them to the side. The 6 layers in the slide ARE NOT layer 1 as image 1, layer 2 as image 2, etc. They are layer 1 as image 6, and on like that. I realize I can drag the layers around to reorder them, but that is very tedious, and certainly does not do well after a style effect has been applied.
My question is whether there is a way to control the order of images in the layers as I add them to a slide. That is, when I open the slide, I want layer 1 to be my image 1 (not 6) and so on.
Many thanks for your help.

Re: control layer order of images as added to slide

Postby Deadman » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:31 pm

You can hi lite the pictures you want and then right click the mouse . Go to sort, and then choose reverse order.. It changes all the pictures, but when you drop them in they should be in the order you want. Then go back and put back in the correct order or leave reverse while your putting in the rest of your pictures. Might be another way outside of the slide box but none I know, the other is inside the slide by changing the order but that takes longer. Hope that helps

Re: control layer order of images as added to slide

Postby im42n8 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:48 am

The approach Deadman gave is one approach that works well for a simple import. However, all bets could be off when a slide style is applied. Most folks, even most experts, aren't aware of how to figure out how to get the images in the proper order for display before applying a slide style. As a result, they have you apply the effect to the slide BEFORE you put any image layers onto the slide. Then, you drag and drop into the placeholder layers as appropriate. With careful planning, it's possible to tell the user the proper order to put the images onto a blank slide BEFORE applying the style ... Thereby saving you the time and effort of trying to figure it out AFTER the fact. That way, you put the images in the necessary order, apply the effect and the images display in the exact order you wanted.

The order of usage is the order in which the effect sees them. This is NOT always the order in which the layer appears to the viewer however. If the order slide's layer order is 1, 2, 3, 4 before the slide style is applied, that order is maintained in the style ... As it "uses" each layer. You'll see that the top most "image layer" in the layer stack is the first one, then 2, then 3, and finally 4. However, because of how the effect was created, when the slide is played, you'll see the images display as 2, 4, 1, and finally 3. You need to know that style's order of image display BEFORE you put the images onto the blank slide and before you apply the effect. The style creator, if they know this, will tell you the order to use when you put images onto a slide prior to applying the effect. If not, you'll have to determine it for yourself.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - General Discussion