PROSHOW 8 IS HERE!

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

PROSHOW 8 IS HERE!

Postby Amazing.Edna » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:30 am

Re: PROSHOW 8 IS HERE!

Postby scorpio_e » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:26 am

Is it worth the upgrade? V7 is pretty spectacular.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:10 pm

I am still using version 5, but I am thinking of trying this one to see if it will work better with windows 10pro.
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Postby im42n8 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Let's put it like this ... if you wanted to used Captions extensively ... and/or Text Layers ... there are some really nice changes here. You can create a text box of a fixed size now. As the text length in that text box approach the boundaries of that text box, you can have the text size change automatically (you establish the limit on the size). A number of styles that use captions have been updated to take into account the use of the text box. I really like what they've done.

There are a number of bug fixes and a number of tweaks to output types. Additionally, there are a number of tweaks associated with the Wizard created shows. You can also select to use recommended slide times and transition out/in times when applying an effect from the styles.

In the end, it's up to you to decide whether the upgrade is worth the cost. Note that the new text box feature is what gave this release the Major Number release ... since earlier versions can't understand the code associated with that text box. Except for the text box and the large number of tweaks and bug fixes, it's the same ProShow.

No enhancements to modifiers, no enhanced Crop Feature, no improvement/upgrade of outlines/shadows, and no framework for providing effective use of the rotate center feature. Don't worry ... that'll happen (someday .... just don't hold your breath yet).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby cherub » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:08 am

In addition to what Dale mentioned, Producer 8 can combine several shows, together with their respective audio tracks. In other words, it is now possible to copy a show and to paste it into another, and the audio gets copied too. This is a nice addition, and something that has bothered many people in all the previous versions.

I think that there is also something new in normalizing the audio track in all the show, along multiple audio tracks, but I haven't tried that yet.

But, in all, ver. 8 is not really something to write home about ... :(

Postby DTR4Video » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:43 am

I am still on version 6 as I didn't think 7 had anything new that I needed but if you think 8 doesn't offer that much either then I maybe just hang on to wait for ver. 9. Is it not quite early for a new version, they usually bring a new version out at the end of the year? I have many video editing software programs that I use but Proshow is the most expensive to upgrade.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:39 am

I guess the pretty icons that are in version 5 went away with version 6 and beyond. I kind of am used to them. These newer icon versions look, for the lack of a better word, 'cheap'. Yeah, I know, its only cosmetic and the icons pretty much still do the same as they've always done. I do like the combining shows bit, as I do this all the time but the audio would never copy so I would have to add it separately later. The added output options are something I am interested too. Guess I will just play around with it until the 15 days are up. If I get it, that means my next version I buy won't be until version 12. Who knows. :)
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

Postby silverfox » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:27 am

After a quick review, we feel it is well worth the upgrade price of $89
(Which is less than .26 cents a day - many of us spend more for coffee each day)
Here are our likes:
Caption Bounding Boxes
Redesigned and Improved Wizard
Font Browser
Symbol Browser
Vertical Caption Alignment
Automatic Volume Leveling
Publish to USB
Combine Shows
Add / Remove Time

and - for us just the Fixes and Enhancements would be worth the price the price.

PS - Note - For what it is worth I am one of those who has to upgrade to newest version of any and all software I use - So ......

Silverfox

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:09 am

Lol, nothing wrong with that. I just tried the USB thing and it worked well, although I used to be able to do the same thing using 'Video for Web, Devices, and Computers" and selecting H.264 MPEG4. I will also try the AVCHD using a standard DVD to record HiDef slideshows that can be played on a BluRay player without having to use a BluRay disk. The DVD will probably NOT play on a standard DVD player though.

Postby bobradarbob » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am

Just a word of caution:

They did up the release number to 8 but if you purchase the FULL BOXED version with manual, you get the VERSION 7 manual. Personally I think if they are going to up the version number on the left side of the decimal then they should do the same for the manual. I believe they give you a flyer with version 8 added features tossed in the box. Anyone else think that's a slap in the face?

Bob

PS - They were quick and nice about it!

Hello,

Photodex Corporation has issued a credit for your order.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby hardsoftware » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:27 am

I don't ever get the boxed version when 'upgrading', although I did with version 2, a long time ago. Still have it as a memento of sorts. :)

Esteemed Member

Postby joemav57 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:29 pm

Been debating. Have been away from ProShow since I upgraded to PSP 6 a few years ago. We had moved from near Philadelphia to the farmlands of Lancaster County in Pennsylvania. A few weeks ago I actually used my PSP 6 software after an hiatus. Didn't even remember seeing that they updated to 7.0. Really like some of the newer bells and whistles, but not sure if I should upgrade to 8.0. Have taken a load of photos since "mooving" to the rural area. So not sure if should spend the $89 yet. The wife approved the purchase, which is more than half the battle.
PSP 7, Photoshop CS6, Nikon D3100.

Postby bob2701 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:11 am

Can you have both 7 & 8 on the same PC or does the 8 install wipe out 7?

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:39 pm

Hi
bob2701 wrote:Can you have both 7 & 8 on the same PC or does the 8 install wipe out 7?

Yes you can : but choose another folder when installing.
Chris Marie

Postby bob2701 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:50 am

Marie78 wrote:Hi
bob2701 wrote:Can you have both 7 & 8 on the same PC or does the 8 install wipe out 7?

Yes you can : but choose another folder when installing.

Thank you.

Next

Return to PSP - General Discussion