Replying in a Post

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Replying in a Post

Postby Kerrym » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:44 pm

I don't get it. Just watched some of the sample slideshows and wanted to post a comment (praise).
But I don't have the reply button showing. Are comments restricted in these?

Re: Replying in a Post

Postby obeeone » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:11 pm

G'day

I'm pretty sure you will need to contact admin before you can post. Just realised that your not a new member so I'm not sure why this is happening.
I would still send Mike a message.

Carl
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Postby Kerrym » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:25 am

Thanks so much for replying Carl. Much appreciated.
I'm not going to chase Admin, it's not worth my time as I can't linger around boards. Why don't they keep an eye on things?
I know that I used to be able to post in there, and also put up the odd show myself. So that just means I've been shut out.

Postby obeeone » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:47 am

G'day again

If you read the section in "New & Announcements" called "Active Accounts" it will perhaps explain things.

Carl
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/obeeone

There are 10 types of people who understand binary:
Those who do and those who don't.

Postby Kerrym » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:50 pm

Thanks for your help Carl. Much appreciated.

Postby tdew » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:01 am

Unless there's some sort of control, the admin would be bombarded with tons of spam messages each day. It really is hard to imagine what a job it is to keep in under control.

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:59 am

Having served some time as an admin in some other forums, I agree with the previous comments. There are an incredible number of "people" out there that continuously sign up for a "new account" and post their garbage with the link to click to solve all your problems. That is why Mike (not me - admin Mike) has it set up the way it is. Very simple to get added - just let him know, but it really does help keep the garbage posts down so the rest of can actually see the real posts. ALL successful forums and groups these days have 1 (or often more) people that spend quite a bit of time deleting garbage and stomping on bogus users to try and keep it reasonable for the rest of us (that is what killed the internet newsgroups basically was all the posts - often 20 times more garbage posts than real posts in any group.)

I should add that many forums these days have it set up so you can only post 3 times in 5 minutes or something like that to limit the amount of damage new "users" can create and that limit is removed after some time when it is seen that you are a responsible user and not a scammer. Arduino (microprocessor) forums have limits like that, the Lightroom forums have things like that - it really is in your favor to have an admin that works to keep it clean. :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - General Discussion