Getting Back to Edit a Show

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Getting Back to Edit a Show

Postby Kerrym » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:35 am

Hi

I'm working on a few shows at the moment. Curious to know when I go back to them, open Proshow Producer and then go to the show... it has to reload everything in again and it takes ages before it's ready for me to edit. How come it needs to import everything each time? There is a lot to add in as I have plenty of photos, plus some video files. :|

Re: Getting Back to Edit a Show

Postby Kerrym » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:57 pm

Bumping... is this board not so active now?

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:21 am

I'm not sure exactly what the deal is, but there are a number of "background" files (like the .pxc file) that get built that are sort of an intermediate step with simplified renders if you will in them for Proshow to work with. I'm not sure just how much of that it keeps in memory as well, so it apparently gets deleted (I think if you are working on a different show) so it then has to re-create all the stuff it uses. If it tried to render the full resolution stuff while you are working on a show, you could not handle the very s-l-o-w speed you would see in preview so it creates a lower resolution preview mode that it uses then does the final render when you actually create the show. It is that lower resolution "preview mode" that gets rebuilt when you open a show initially or add stuff (especially video or audio etc.) to the show. I'm not sure just when it decides to reload everything and start over, but I do know that periodically that intermediate file (the showname.pxc) can get corrupted causing all sorts of problems, so that is generally the first thing we tell people when they run into strange issues - exit producer, delete that temp file and then restart and let it rebuild it again. Often that cures the problem.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Kerrym » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:01 am

Okay, thank you. I'll try deleting those extra files that are in the folder.
Cheers.

Return to PSP - General Discussion