ProShow 7, Windows 10, FX's windows too large for monitor ..

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

ProShow 7, Windows 10, FX's windows too large for monitor ..

Postby HelenG » Tue May 03, 2016 1:29 pm

Just new to Windows 10 (about 10 days ago); Elsewhere on this group I read two fixes for this problem; however, neither work on my setup. #1, The FX window is too big/long to let me find the 'tool' at the bottom left. #2, I found 'preferences' under Edit; however, no fix found there. I'm STUCK! Actually, it's the slides, too ... bottom part under the task bar. Thanks in advance. ~Helen~

Re: ProShow 7, Windows 10, FX's windows too large for monito

Postby im42n8 » Tue May 03, 2016 2:25 pm

Exit the program. If you have to, open the task manager. Locate ProShow (32 bit). Select it and right click on it; select "end task."

Go to the folder in which ProShow was installed. Rename the "proshow.cfg" to something like "proshow_ref.cfg."

Open ProShow. Got to EDIT | Preferences, select the Appearance tab. Under Dialog Size, make sure "Allowed Sizes" is NOT selected. All options, however, SHOULD be set to their default values. However, you may want to manually select an option for EACH of the types (Slide, Show, Customize) that is the same size or smaller than your monitor resolution.

That should resolve the problem for you.

Good Luck.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby HelenG » Tue May 03, 2016 2:57 pm

Thanks ... I had already closed and restarted my PC ... I was able to change the sizes (which I thought at first was for dialogue only, i.e. captions?!). Now it is better, had to reduce to 1280 x 960, which keeps changing back on the slide adjustment to 1440x900 instead of the 1280x960 I had changed them all to. Anyway, I put my taskbar on auto-hide, so I can now see the bottom of the windows. Thanks much!

Another after-thought: When I checked the allow-all sizes box, the windows got too big again. So I un-checked it, and seems to be holding well.

Postby im42n8 » Tue May 03, 2016 6:06 pm

Restarting the PC in this circumstance simply restarted the PC ... it would have absolutely no effect upon how ProShow displays its windows. In the future consider that the proshow.cfg file contains this configuration info (some of which is duplicated in the proshow.phd file). As long as the program is NOT open, you can rename or delete the proshow.phd and proshow.cfg files (among others). The file proshow.phd is prone to corruption more than the proshow.cfg. However, sometimes a setting can't be reset easily from within the program. The would necessitate "resetting" the configuration to its defaults by either deleting or renaming the proshow.cfg file.

In my talks with Photodex, the window that appears is not an exactly sized window (despite the dimensions given in the settings selections). For example, I have a monitor that's 2560x1440. ProShow tells me the selection is 2560x1600... but, this 2560x1600 window I'm using does NOT fill the 2560x1440 window by any stretch of the imagination. Surprise! I'm just glad I've got the largest window ProShow allows without the windows extending beyond the monitor screen edges.

Glad things worked out for you. Have fun!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - General Discussion