Memory Again. But different

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Memory Again. But different

Postby EJAB » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:58 am

Hi all !. During the last twelve months, I have not used Producer as much as years gone,, and the people that have responded to my negitive posts in the past know that I am a 64bit fan,,still waiting.
Now, having said that, I have attempted to not push this program to the edge any more,, its just a waste of time,, however each year I do a series of shows for our local
(Australian rules Football Club ) and this year was no acception. Did a show that in my view was well-well-well within the limits of 32bit Memory,, 116 slides complete with transitions with twenty Two Styles thrown in for good measure.(Time 21 Minutes). Rendered this through Video for web devices etc,, chose MP4 (1080) and was over and done within the hour. Made some slight changes a week later,, with no problem.(Excellent I thought and played well via Usb),,, the next day unfortunatly I had to alter same again for uploading to website,,chose MP4 but not 1080,,did it at 720,, normal quality.
Stopped at 72% four times. Does not make sense!! I would have thought that taking some pressure off (ie 1080 to 720) would make it render a tad faster,, not run out of memory.
Tried it again at the higher setting MP4(1080) stopped at 72% again. I have the 4gb Patch that Jeep suggested some time ago installed,, have been through task Mgr and increased the amount of Memory to producer, yet still it fails. I'm beginning to wonder if I should try an updated graphic card with memory built in,, Do any of you think this would help?

Look forward to hearing from you all, even if you cannot help.

Kind Regards
John Byron (aka EJAB Melbourne Australia)

Re: Memory Again. But different

Postby cherub » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:15 am

John,
I don't think this has anything to do with memory.
From my experience, and from things reported by my customers, I would look into what's in your show that "bothers" Producer. Even if you did succeed in rendering once, still there is something there that's not working properly.

Do you have some animated gif in your show? Take it out and try to render again.
Try to look into the slide where the process of rendering stops, or before it, or after it. Try to change the style there, try to change the transitions, and then render again.

Finally, does your show use just one track of music or does the music change at some point?
Try to render without music and see what happens.

What I'm suggesting is actually finding the reason why Producer stops rendering, by eliminating possible "obstacles".
Memory is not one of them.

Postby EJAB » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:27 am

Hi Mona,,, No ,, no animated gif,,, no music,,, just the message Proshow has run out of Memory. You have seen what I do,,, Once put together I photograph the screen and save the frame,
so each slide should just be a single photograph,,, I know the quality suffers a tad but thats not important. But no again, I have not checked on the style or transition at 72% and will do so
and let you know.
I was so browned off,I just forget to do that. From memory all I did was remove one slide and i think add another.(But at my age ,, one has to wonder)

Will be in touch.
JB

Postby EJAB » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:04 pm

Ok: Mona. Tried again a couple of hours ago,, checked where it stopped (One of Anita's "Tossing and Turning Septet" with a standard fade trans that I have used many times so left it in) the patch, seems to be installed ok,, set the Task Mgr process to One above average,, reset Producer to web ( AVI- MP4 720) same as previous,, Stoped at the first slide i.e.1%,, tried again,, Stoped at Second Slide i.e.2%. Changed setting to MP4 1080,, (No AVI) Rendered again without a hitch. Rendering speed 0.23X using CPU 4 Processors,,Total Time to render 1Hr 33mins.
Its like I said,, Does not make sense.
This show would be one of the smallest I have produced over the years, should have been easy. Producer does not like something,, but what?
The only difference has been the settings, standard MP4 1080 vs standard MP4 720 in a AVI container.
Does not help does it. Still a mystery..

Finally. I have always been concerned about the rendering speed! Is it normal to start off at 4-5-or 6.00X then slow down very quickly to 0.23 or less ???

Regards to all and Thanks Mona.

John Byron (aka EJAB Melbourne Australia)

Return to PSP - General Discussion