Action at End of Slide

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Action at End of Slide

Postby Alanvang » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:12 am

Hi All,
I am using Producer 7 (latest version) and Windows 10. I am trying to get the last slide of one show to automatically run another show. I have set the Action at End of Slide of the last slide in the first show to Next Show. If I run the first show from the editor it stops at the last slide and will go no further. If I create an executable of the project and give it a menu and run it from there it does the same thing, but if I right click on the last slide and select Play from the menu it does play. Is there something that I haven't done in the second show that stops it from running automatically? :oops:
I cannot seem to find the syntax in the Help etc. for any/all of Action at End of Slide for the Destination when an option is selected. Is it there - can someone help me here? :D

Re: Action at End of Slide

Postby EJAB » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:32 am

I find this question interesting only because i have never backed up two shows together,,that is,, I use the (One Thing One Time One place) so I have no answer!
Soo,, Dale-Mikey-Mona- Etc-Etc-Etc. please help this man out,,cause I cannot. (so you will help me also)

EJAB (aka John Byron Melbourne Australia)

Postby trondmyhre » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:26 pm

I also have the latest version of Producer and Windows 10. I always choose "Return to menu" when I make projects, because I prefer to choose for myself which slideshow I want to see. (I've burned blu-ray discs with up to 20 slideshows.) But I have tried to do as you say you have done at a project with only two shows, and it works fine for me when I create an executable. I think it would also work fine on a blu-ray disc. Only one question: Are you 110% sure that you have selected "Next show" on the last slide on the first slideshow, and not at the last slide on the next show?

Trond
Last edited by trondmyhre on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Astra » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:24 pm

Alanvang,
question: is your (first) slideshow and others - part of the "Project" (in Producer), or just: each slideshow stands alone ??

Some time ago I had similar arrangement (3 shows following each other) - they were in a "Project" - last slide of #1 & 2 had: "Go to Next Show" and #3: "End"....
It work well either in Executable and also on a DVD - running together and also individual, when picked from a Menu.
However, how it behaved from the Editor - I do not remember, sorry - Long time ago ....

Astra/Alex

Postby Alanvang » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:33 am

Sorry it has been a long time but Rachael at Photodex sorted the problem for me. Her answer was as below:

The remote or clicker that you have has been programed to do the 'next slide' button for an executable (page down), however, at the ends where it is not proceeding as needed is because it is the end of the show in question. There is no next slide to proceed to. There are two different ways to work around this.

1. If the remote/clicker you have can be programmed, you can set it to do the spacebar (play/pause) instead of the page down (next slide) function. This will cause the playback to play through each slide, and at the end of shows to follow through with the action at end of slide by proceeding into the next show. This would not require you changing anything and you would be able to use the executable file you have already created.

2. At the end of the shows containing pauses insert a very short blank slide that does not have a pause and set the action at end of slide for that one to jump to the next show. It is the pause and action at end of slide both being present that is creating the problem. The blank slide at the end would have just the action at end of slide and no pause, allowing the action to proceed as it should.

This worked for me. Thanks for all your suggestions as well. It seems that I got it right in the first place, but should not have paused on the last slide!

Alan :D :D

Return to PSP - General Discussion