Can you attach photographs

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Can you attach photographs

Postby EJAB » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:11 am

Happy Easter Guys,,,,, although I'm a tad late.
My question /questions are as follows: (And YesI'm still running V5)
Number One.. Is there any way of increasing the Shadow and Outline settings in caption settings ?
Number Two.. Each year for our local (Australian Rules Football Club) I do a series of Player Profiles ( see Two attached) well I think there attached,,I may have to add a link.
and for the past few years I have been using Page Plus to add an advertisment after I have finished the background Templete ,and superimpose
our Player (Green Screen),, and then add the page Plus adv (saved as a jepg) as a Layer,, The problem I find is,,Can you you create a Text Box at various sizes to accommodate the said advertisment through Producer?
I can use a colour mask,, however when you try to resize it,,it keeps the same setting ,,I.E. 4.3 3.5 16.9,, if I wish to stretch it to a longer rectangle or higher size I
need to play around with the settings and go to 7.2 or whatever,, So is there a better way?
Number Two.. Has any of the latest release's V6 or V7 have this capacity ?

And NO I cannot attach.. :twisted: :twisted:

Kind Regards

EJAB (aka John Byron Melbourne Australia)

Re: Can you attach photographs

Postby cherub » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:44 am

EJAB wrote:Happy Easter Guys,,,,, although I'm a tad late.
My question /questions are as follows: (And YesI'm still running V5)
Number One.. Is there any way of increasing the Shadow and Outline settings in caption settings ?
Number Two.. Each year for our local (Australian Rules Football Club) I do a series of Player Profiles ( see Two attached) well I think there attached,,I may have to add a link.
and for the past few years I have been using Page Plus to add an advertisment after I have finished the background Templete ,and superimpose
our Player (Green Screen),, and then add the page Plus adv (saved as a jepg) as a Layer,, The problem I find is,,Can you you create a Text Box at various sizes to accommodate the said advertisment through Producer?
I can use a colour mask,, however when you try to resize it,,it keeps the same setting ,,I.E. 4.3 3.5 16.9,, if I wish to stretch it to a longer rectangle or higher size I
need to play around with the settings and go to 7.2 or whatever,, So is there a better way?
Number Two.. Has any of the latest release's V6 or V7 have this capacity ?
And NO I cannot attach.. :twisted: :twisted:
Kind Regards
EJAB (aka John Byron Melbourne Australia)

Hi John,
The shadows and outlines for regular captions in Producer 5 are fixed, and you cannot change them. This is equally valid for the more recent versions 6 and 7.
As an alternative, you could create a duplicate of your caption and use it as a shadow/contour, under your normal caption. For this duplicate, use the color black and an opacity of 50 or 60%. Move this duplicated caption slightly to the right and a bit lower than the main caption.
In the newer versions of Producer you can use text layers instead of the regular captions, and this may give you a bit more flexibility because you can also add some blurring to your duplicate.

I don't quite understand your second question and what you are trying to do.
But, did you know that you can change the zoom values of your rectangle in an asymmetric way? That is, you can have 100% or more for zoom X, but only 50% or less for zoom Y. This will create a wider and thinner rectangular for your caption.
To do this you need to "unlock" the zoom values. In Producer 5 click on the chain icon that you see in between the zoom values. The icon will become two separate chain links. Now you can increase or decrease each zoom value separately.

Why are you using a jpg file? You know that you can create a colored solid rectangular right from Producer, and also gradients. Will these not suit your needs better? But, as I said, I didn't quite understand what you are trying to do.

Producer 6 and 7 are no different in this respect. It's just that the icons are different :D

Postby cherub » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:56 am

John,
Thank you for sending me the samples by email. I understand now what you are trying to do.

Given the fact that the sponsor sign might have some kind of logo, there is no other way but to save it as a jpg or png file, and to insert it in Producer as a separate layer, as you already do.
You can use any graphic editor for that, not just Page Plus (I am not familiar with this program).
All the rest that I wrote above is still valid.

I won't upload your pictures to the forum because they contain personal information.

Postby EJAB » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:04 am

You are a Sweethart Mona,,, Thank you.

JB

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:27 am

One of my favorite handy programs is called Snagit from Techsmith ( https://www.techsmith.com/snagit.html ). I have been using it for years - excellent for screen capture etc. You can also buy a "stamps" expansion pack for it that includes all sorts of things like speech bubbles, arrows and all sorts of other things. The really neat thing is how easy it is to grab something (or open a file) and then put arrows, other logos (images) etc. on the image and scale them as you want then save it back as a single image when you are done. It is probably the most used app on my system. You might want to grab a trial version of it and see what you think. Definitely one of my favorites (really good for grabbing a quick screenshot and putting it in your notes when you are trying to document how you did something too!!).
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby EJAB » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:34 pm

Thanks Mikey... I sent a seperate email to Mona and she got my old brain going again, the fact was I had asked Dale the same question last year sometime and did it, I simply forgot how.
Snagit,, I think a few years back I may have had a look at this program,, but again unsure,, may pay me to have another look.
Always good to hear from you trust your family are well and you made it through the winter ok.

Regards
John Byron (akaEJAB Melbourne.

Return to PSP - General Discussion