can i add several sound tracks for each photo or group ?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Valued Member

can i add several sound tracks for each photo or group ?

Postby drugo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:41 am

Hi
i'm still using proshow producer v6 ,seeing v7 has instroduced features i really need , maybe i will upgrade to v8

i have few question
1)
may i know if i can add several sound tracks and edit the timing of each tracks

2)
i would like to add a sound track for a group of photos (4) and after these photos another sound track for other 6 photos
the point is that the first audio file is more then 5 minutes

thanks
Proshow Producer v6.0.3410 windows 8.1 64 and windows 7 sp1 64

Re: can i add several sound tracks for each photo or group ?

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:12 am

The answer is a resounding yes AND no :D They still only have one main track for the audio so you can't do it like you do in video editors (or audio editors either). However, what you can do to get multiple tracks is to attach a sound file to a slide which will then add that to the main track. You can change the timing of the sound file attached to the slide by using the "offset". You can only attach one sound file to a slide, but you can attach different sound files to different slides and by using the "offset" time, "stack" multiple sound files together to achieve sort of what you want to do. No, it isn't as easy as a true audio or video editor to stack sounds together, but it is possible without too much trouble to get there. Note that you can "trim" each of the sound files you attach as needed to make them the length needed for your group of photos.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Valued Member

Postby drugo » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:32 am

gpsmikey wrote:The answer is a resounding yes AND no :D They still only have one main track for the audio so you can't do it like you do in video editors (or audio editors either). However, what you can do to get multiple tracks is to attach a sound file to a slide which will then add that to the main track. You can change the timing of the sound file attached to the slide by using the "offset". You can only attach one sound file to a slide, but you can attach different sound files to different slides and by using the "offset" time, "stack" multiple sound files together to achieve sort of what you want to do. No, it isn't as easy as a true audio or video editor to stack sounds together, but it is possible without too much trouble to get there. Note that you can "trim" each of the sound files you attach as needed to make them the length needed for your group of photos.

mikey

hi
thanks Mikey

Postby Scarleg » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:51 am

I typically bypass PSP all together and create my soundtracks in Audacity. Getting the timing right is pretty easy and Audacity is a free program.

Valued Member

Postby drugo » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:02 pm

Scarleg wrote:I typically bypass PSP all together and create my soundtracks in Audacity. Getting the timing right is pretty easy and Audacity is a free program.

hi
good point!!!
yes right a good point , i will try it
i will keep psp on with my slideshow and work with Audacity to create the soundtrack

Return to PSP - General Discussion