Locking Layers

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Locking Layers

Postby hakumaster » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:37 am

Hi everyone!

After quite a long interruption, I am tackling ProShow again.

My version is the latest "Producer", i.e., 7.

And I stumbled already on a small problem, for which I found no documentation.

It concerns something I am bound to use in the kind of projects I make: (slightly animated) storyboards. Curiously, I found ProShow the best program to achieve my aim, with the slight restriction of having to cope with just two sound tracks. But that's a minor point, since I can manage with tracks pre-mixed in an other application, if need be. Still, I'd wish for some more tracks in future...

The visual problem I encountered, however, seems to present more problematic sides. And the otherwise so helpful people at Photodex keep replying beside the question. Yet, that question is simple: how to lock (group) two or more layers together, so that they can be modified, or made to move in unisson.

Of course, before writing the present post, I did some research, and found helpful posts, among others by "VidQueen" (Jennifer?) and Barbara, who presented the reader with quite clever, if limited roundabouts to achieve a modicum of simultaneous animation - although far too simple for what I have in mind (which involves simultaneous tilting in unisson as well as some limited zooming of the same). These posts, however, date from 2012 and we are several years and versions later.

So, my question now is: does PS Producer 7 offer more possibilities than before in terms of locking/grouping? As said, I found no documentation about such a feature in the otherwise so extensive PS help, while the PS people seem to be at a loss.

Thanks for replying to my query.

Best,

haku

Esteemed Member

Re: Locking Layers

Postby Marie78 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:32 pm

Hello

For some of your needs, the modifiers may be used.

Dale use them much and talk about them https://fpvp.wordpress.com/modifiers-2/
Last edited by Marie78 on Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Marie

Re: Locking Layers

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:46 pm

As far as multiple sound tracks go, you can use another technique that actually allows you to have more. You have the main soundtrack, but you can also attach a sound to a slide (which most people know). What isn't obvious is you can attach additional sounds to slides on either side of where you are working for example and using an "offset" move that sound over where the others are. Not ideal I know, but it does give you a way to have say 3 or 4 (or more) sound clips on top of each other.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - General Discussion