numbering slides

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Esteemed Member

numbering slides

Postby shazmark » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:41 am

Hi Everyone,
Good to be back on here,
just a quick question and please excuse my ignorance, but i havnt got time to play around in producer and work this out for myself so im being a bit impatient.
Just need to know if there is a quick way to number my slides as im doing a quick presentation for a client to select which pics they want in a presentation, by
numbering each slide.
hope you can be of some help
as i am running out of time,
cheers
Shazmark

Esteemed Member

Re: numbering slides

Postby JBD » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:13 am

Shazmark,

Maybe I am not understanding exactly what you want to do cause this sounds to simple but how about numbering each slide with a caption????

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:03 am

JBD gave you a logical suggestion.

A quick search yielded this . . .
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23370&p=174254&hilit=+numbering+slides#p174254

Should you be inclined, there are more suggestions.

pd
regards.
pd

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:43 am

Yes, the easiest way is to just use a global caption macro. Remember that the macro is adding the slide number, NOT the image number (if you have a slide with multiple images for example - probably not in your case where you are creating a simple show for a client. The macro for slide number is "\p" (when in slide options, add a caption, click on the macro button and you can see all the macros available - then you check the box for "appears on all slides"). Also, the easy way to find which slide they are talking about if they say they want prints of #30, #32 ... for example, you can go into the .psh file with a text editor and see which image it is referring to. If you look in the .psh file with a text editor, the "slide" is referred to as "cell" with an offset of 1 - slide 1 is cell[0] - you will find a line that looks like this "cell[0].images[0].image=image/DC_010508_0630_45.jpg" which tells you the name of the image for cell[0] (slide 1). Sometime ago, someone had a little word macro you could run that would allow you to get a list of all the images etc. from the .psh file if you opened it in word (just don't save it or it will screw the formatting up!). I don't know if that is still available, but it is fairly easy to search for the "cell" string in the .psh file and see which ones you are looking for.

Here is the link to the thread that discusses Vernon Robinson's utility for extracting image information from the .psh file: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8118

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - General Discussion