Considering the jump from Gold

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Considering the jump from Gold

Postby Yen » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:08 am

Greetings Proshow Producers! I've been using Gold for almost 10 years for strictly amateur shows I create for family and travel, plus an annual slideshow for our bicycle group. I am receiving "Customer Loyalty" offers from Photodex to save $100 on the upgrade to Producer, and am seriously considering this offer. I occasionally entertain the idea of doing this for a small side business if anyone were to ask me to create a show for them, and I'd love the additional tools that come with Producer.

So, I'm wondering if it is worth my $ to take advantage of this offer and make the jump to Producer, and also if subsequent upgrades will be at full cost. I realize that I can choose whether or not to upgrade to new versions as they are released, and since I am not producing wedding videos as a business I wouldn't feel that type of pressure to always have the latest greatest version.

I'd appreciate your insight and thoughts.

Jen

Re: Considering the jump from Gold

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:47 am

That is a tough question to answer because only you know what features you want. One of the big things that Producer offers is keyframing and, while it takes a bit of getting used to if you are not familiar with it, once you understand it, it is a very powerful way to get your images/slides to do what you want. You also have the ability to keyframe the volume etc. on your audio track which can be very handy too. Here is Photodex's comparison chart if you have not seen it: http://www.photodex.com/proshow/compare

Personally, I love the features in Producer, but some people are perfectly happy with what Gold can do. You do get a reduced upgrade cost when a new version comes out (after your year of free upgrades) and unlike Adobe (grrrrrrrrrrrr) your software will continue to work after the year is gone, you just don't get upgrades after the year without paying for another year (at a reduced cost). Only you can decide what fits your budget and needs, but my preference is for Producer. Hope that helps somewhat :D

mikey
Last edited by gpsmikey on Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Re: Considering the jump from Gold

Postby Marie78 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:53 am

Hello

You can also look at this post viewtopic.php?f=10&t=23315&p=173962
Chris Marie

Return to PSP - General Discussion