How to match two layers movement?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Esteemed Member

How to match two layers movement?

Postby kneedeep » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:41 pm

Hi,

Okay, I am being lazy..... I did a fast search and didn't find what I was hoping for, so I am asking here.

I am using Producer 7.xxx I am using the Slide Style "Parade Ornaments Portrait 11 Images_M". It looks great. One of my images/layer has a golfer with an iron in a fairway. I want to add a golf ball to the image. I would like to have the golf ball match the image/layer as it come up from the left to the center, then have the golf ball fly away.

I am able to get the ball to fly away, but not follow the image/layer as it move from the left to the center.

I looked at match, but that seems to be for a layer on another slide. I am guessing maybe my best option is to use COPY keyframes settings. Just wondering if there is a better way?

Thanks,

Esteemed Member

Re: How to match two layers movement?

Postby Marie78 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:13 am

Hello

Parade Ornaments Portrait 11 Images_M don't belong to Proshow given styles, then I can't have an idea of it

For that situation there is two possible ways :
    duplicate the image layer and replace the image of the upper one with the ball image then adjust size and position (easier).
    add the ball layer and use a modifier to have it follow the image layer (not so easy)
Chris Marie

Postby im42n8 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:09 am

First off, I know nothing about the slide styles you've mentioned. That said, however, basically, a layer's position is identified by it's Pan values. When you want to follow another layer, you generally want move each layer exactly the same amount of distance over the same amount of time. The actual position of each layer may be different ... but the amount of offset between each layer as they move should remain exactly the same over the same amount of time. For simple linear motion, this is easy to do. When the motion is anything but linear things can get a bit more complicated. The tutorials that follow take into account situations with and without modifiers. The concepts behind the movement of one layer relative to another such that they appear to have motion in lockstep with each other is what the tutorials attempt to convey.

In case you're interested, you might want to take a gander at these pan following tutorials: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=23684

I know you're trying to do it the lazy way ... but, for the time when want to follow another layer (at least for a time), those pan following tutorials give you the low down for nearly every situation you may encounter.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby cherub » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:13 pm

kneedeep wrote:Hi,
Okay, I am being lazy..... I did a fast search and didn't find what I was hoping for, so I am asking here.
I am using Producer 7.xxx I am using the Slide Style "Parade Ornaments Portrait 11 Images_M". It looks great. One of my images/layer has a golfer with an iron in a fairway. I want to add a golf ball to the image. I would like to have the golf ball match the image/layer as it come up from the left to the center, then have the golf ball fly away.
I am able to get the ball to fly away, but not follow the image/layer as it move from the left to the center.
I looked at match, but that seems to be for a layer on another slide. I am guessing maybe my best option is to use COPY keyframes settings. Just wondering if there is a better way?
Thanks,

The style that you are asking about is mine. (SeeMona's Blog).
Please send me the two pictures that you would like to use, and I'll do it for you.
My email address appears on my site.
Thanks.

Esteemed Member

Postby kneedeep » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:57 pm

[quote="....

I know you're trying to do it the lazy way ... but, for the time when want to follow another layer (at least for a time), those pan following tutorials give you the low down for nearly every situation you may encounter.

Dale[/quote]

Thanks Dale. I watched your videos and ended up using the modifiers of using One as the Master and the other as the Subordinate. Thanks :-)
Last edited by kneedeep on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esteemed Member

Postby kneedeep » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:02 pm

cherub wrote:
The style that you are asking about is mine. (SeeMona's Blog).
Please send me the two pictures that you would like to use, and I'll do it for you.
My email address appears on my site.
Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks Cherub, please see my reply to Dale..... That did the trick for me. Again, thanks for your reply to help.

Warren

Postby im42n8 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:04 pm

Glad it worked out for you Warren. Modifiers: Powerful ... and under-utilized ( :D )

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - General Discussion