Proshow text karaoke effect

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Proshow text karaoke effect

Postby system » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:55 am

Hello, does anyone know a method and how to make the text effects for karaoke.
For example; change color to the letters, or fade etc ...
Thanks!

Re: Proshow text karaoke effect

Postby heckydog » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:15 am

I suggest you google for software to make karaoke videos. You won't find PSP anywhere among the options.

PSP is not designed to do that sort of thing. Afaik, you can't even change the color of individual words in a caption.

Joe

Esteemed Member

Postby JBD » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:44 am

In PSP 6 and up you can add a text layer and do a bunch of things you can not due with captions. Although some on this board disagree I really use captions any more - text layers do everything captions do plus. Don't see any need for captions!

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:36 pm

JBD wrote:In PSP 6 and up you can add a text layer and do a bunch of things you can not due with captions. Although some on this board disagree I really use captions any more - text layers do everything captions do plus. Don't see any need for captions!

I think you meant "rarely use captions ..." :D

That said, there are ways to do it, but they are a lot of work - what you could do is create a series of caption "images" with different words highlighted/different color in some other application then use keyframes to reveal the layer at a time that has the word you want highlighted (for 5 words, you would have 5 text layers for example). There are other ways along the same lines, but all involve jumping through a bunch of hoops to make it work (have a main caption for example then selectively overlay each word with another caption only containing the word you want to highlight in a different color/size etc. using keyframes). It might be easier to consider using keyframes for example to move an object (arrow, ball, whatever) along the line of text to indicate the selected word. Just another option to consider. Proshow does not have an easy way to get where you want to go :roll:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby JBD » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:33 am

OR------ you can take a word like "Really" :lol: and make a text layers for each letter and do a bunch of things -- change color - fill with a picture etc. You can also pop it on the screen any where and any time using keyframes.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23248

Postby heckydog » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:15 am

JBD wrote:OR------ you can take a word like "Really" :lol: and make a text layers for each letter and do a bunch of things -- change color - fill with a picture etc. You can also pop it on the screen any where and any time using keyframes.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23248

Technically speaking, karaoke and kinetic typography are not the same thing.

As far as system's initial question goes, I still maintain he'd be better off looking for other software to do his karaoke video.

Joe

Esteemed Member

Postby JBD » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:20 am

I agree with you Joe but I interpreted his question as how do you do it in PSP.

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:46 am

I agree with what the initial question was, but that is one of those questions along the lines of "how do I use my motorcycle as a snowplow" - while it can sort of be done on a limited basis, you are spinning your wheels for a rather poor result. Better off getting something that can do what you want. I can edit a jpg image file with a binary editor too, but .... :D

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Esteemed Member

Postby JBD » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:20 am

Well I guess you could use your motorcycle as a snow plow or wait till spring and the snow will disappear on its own. :D

I am retired so I got a lot of time to play and sometimes its fun to just learn the capabilities of PSP or the limited capabilities of the user(me!).

I don't think I did to bad on the ones on did for the Eagle songs. Karaoke or kinetic typography or as my son calls them "Sing Alongs", I had fun doing them.

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:08 am

How do you find the time when retired? I retired 6 years ago and the 3 months worth of tasks I had lined up are still lined up :twisted: That new microprocessor controlled heater for my hummingbird feeders is still in the design stage as I keep coming up with clever ways to add a feature or two (like Wi-Fi to support a web interface from my smart phone). Too many projects!! All those pictures I was going to sort and enter into a database like Lightroom are still waiting to be cataloged.

mikey

Esteemed Member

Postby JBD » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:16 am

Been married to the same woman for almost 50 years. Had a bunch of honey-do's in those years but I have learned a new phrase --- I'll do it tomorrow!

Postby system » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:02 pm

Ok, thanks for answers. Nice effects words JBD.
I could use other programs for karaoke, but I find them trivial.
Proshow preferred to create something special, although complicated to do.
Such an effect that I liked there is in this video done in after effects
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IrgUh3MYyo
but after effects I do not know use

Postby heckydog » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:26 pm

That's a really nice effect and it piqued my curiosity so I did some searches.

For anyone interested in how it might have been done using After Effects, I found a script for doing karaoke effects using AE. I don't know for a fact this is what was used.

Here's a link: http://aescripts.com/pt_ssakaraokeanimator/ I didn't watch the whole demo video. But if anyone else has AE, it gives you something to think about. And this does require some knowledge of one or two karaoke formats. I have none. :wink:

Joe

Esteemed Member

Postby JBD » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:27 am

heckydog wrote:That's a really nice effect and it piqued my curiosity so I did some searches.

For anyone interested in how it might have been done using After Effects, I found a script for doing karaoke effects using AE. I don't know for a fact this is what was used.

Here's a link: http://aescripts.com/pt_ssakaraokeanimator/ I didn't watch the whole demo video. But if anyone else has AE, it gives you something to think about. And this does require some knowledge of one or two karaoke formats. I have none. :wink:

Joe

Kinda neat Joe.

I didn't have a problem with the words - you can do similar things in PSP - very time consuming!!!--- but how did they do the "Oscilloscope Thing" with the sound file?????????

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:10 am

Hello

After effects is an expansive software. If you do not have it, you can synchronise sound and some effects using Blufftitler which is affordable.
Chris Marie

Next

Return to PSP - General Discussion