Panoramas

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Valued Member

Panoramas

Postby Dewcal » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:45 am

Using v6.0.3397 on PC with i7 intel and 24Gb RAM and am trying to produce a show (as an exe file for laptop projection) containing panoramas that I want to scroll across the screen as they appear in sequence.

I have set the relevant key frames and timing which I am happy with.

When the exe file is played back, the panoramas scroll as required but are very jerky. I have made the height of the panorama files the same as the display height so there should not be any rendering changes required here.

Any suggestions as to what I may have missed? So far as I am aware, I have not changed anything from previous shows where panoramas scrolled smoothly.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Panoramas

Postby im42n8 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:16 pm

Your computer itself might not be up to the task of handling so much data ... the EXE uses considerable PC resources ... sorta like playing the slideshow from within the program itself. Export to a video and you'll probably see a much smoother playback.

Try playing the show from within ProShow ... it should look similar to what you're seeing when playing the EXE. Then try playing an exported video and see what the difference (if any ... there should be) is.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Valued Member

Postby Dewcal » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:41 am

Thanks Dale,

Will try this and see what happens. A previous version of the show ran smoothly and this PC has a lot more "grunt" than the previous one so hope it is not the PC!!

Dave

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:43 am

Hello

Photodex changed the paramaters for reading exe in the new viewer. I tried to find where I read this but cannot get it now.
Chris Marie

Valued Member

Postby Dewcal » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:52 am

Thanks,

The previous version of my show was made with version 5 of ProShow - I wonder if that makes any difference...

Valued Member

Postby Dewcal » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:58 am

Just as an update, I fianlly found out what the issue seems to have been - I must have switched my laptop onto maximum battery - low performance mode. Changing the power settings to max performance plays the panoramas without any uneveness.

Operator error - again!!

Return to PSP - General Discussion