Issues with Templates.

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Valued Member

Issues with Templates.

Postby NLAlston » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:40 am

On this past Saturday evening I shot a wedding ceremony, and I wish to assemble a nice slide show for my Nephew, and his bride. I have done a few such projects, in the past, and had always added my photos in singular fashion, so as to be afforded a higher degree of flexibility in their behavior sets. However, this time, I wanted to use one of the Wedding Essential Templates that I have. I've had this wedding package for a while, but hadn't used it due to not having had shot a wedding (until now) since getting it. I thought that it would've been a simple matter of selecting which template I wanted to use, and selecting the photos to be inserted into the respective picture slots. But that wasn't the case. When I attempted to open one of those templates I was met with notice that some of the files were missing, and asked if I wished to search for them. There were 77 missing files, and I was able to locate all but 11.

It would seem to me, though, that the files should have shown up automatically. I wonder if there were some other steps which might've needed to have been made, since I could not locate any documentation which may have come with the package.

Does anyone know what's needed to be done so that all files WILL show up when a template is opened? And, by the way, this same issue takes place with no matter WHAT template I try to set up.
BLESSINGS,
Nathan
(PSP7)

Valued Member

Re: Issues with Templates.

Postby NLAlston » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:32 pm

Anyone?

Just as a note, I very recently went through the process of reinstalling the setup file, for my Wedding Essential Templates but, alas, the same dilemma faces me. Don't rightly know what the causative factor might be, but I surely need to get a handle on this, as it would serve to make my slide show building a bit easier and (more importantly) quicker.
BLESSINGS,
Nathan
(PSP7)

Valued Member

Postby NLAlston » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:27 am

Well, I have to say that I am a bit disappointed that there have been 70 views to my posting, yet no responses. Of course (and to be fair minded), it could be no understanding as to what might be going on, with my situation. I say that because of this: yesterday evening, I happened across some instructional info
(http://learnproshow.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... ssing.html) which I had, initially, thought would help. But, after getting into the body of its message, I found that the suggested steps toward correction had already been taken. I had previously done ALL which was suggested, but without any change bring realized.

Now, I don't know if there is a problem with PSP7, or with my laptop itself. Something definitely is NOT RIGHT, and I have to get it fixed ASAP.
BLESSINGS,
Nathan
(PSP7)

Esteemed Member

Postby JBD » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:47 am

I wish I could help but I don't know.

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:25 am

Hi

It is difficult to reply not knowing which template you are using. You said you have got it a long time ago : are you sure it is compatible with Proshow ?

You also mentionned a setup : most of the templates I tried have no setup, you just unzip if necessary and then open them.

I think that is the resaon why you get no help. If the template is still sold or given, give more information so people can test...
Chris Marie

Postby cherub » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:53 am

Is/Was "Wedding Essentials Template" something sold by Photodex ?
Then why not ask their service department what do do ?

Was that template sold on a CD?
Try to locate the missing files on that CD and when you find them, copy them to a directory on your computer. Name that directory something like "Wedding Essentials Images"
Next, load the template again, and when prompted to find the missing files, direct Producer to that directory.
Next, SAVE the template again on your computer, as a template
This is a one time procedure, and from now on, you will have this template with its respective images, in all your future shows, for the duration of this computer :D

You can follow these steps for all your other templates.

What you have to understand is, that unlike with slide styles, templates do not save any extra images/videos in them. They just save the information where these images are located.
If you change computers or delete the folders where these images are located, Producer cannot find them anymore.

Valued Member

Postby NLAlston » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:07 pm

Thanks, everyone .

@Mona,

I will try just as you have suggested. Sorry it has taken as long as it has, to get back to you, but it's been because of computer issues (ultimately, wound up reverting to Win7 from Win10). I will come back with the exact package info just as soon as I can locate it.
BLESSINGS,
Nathan
(PSP7)

Return to PSP - General Discussion