Images and backgrounds moving together

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Images and backgrounds moving together

Postby system » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:48 am

Hello, in this style, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rypOm_U ... e=youtu.be
which for me is very complex, you see the background and moving pictures together.
Yet the settings of some backgrounds in pan and smooth are set to 0.

How can I set the images that move simultaneously with the background as in this video?

Thank you

Re: Images and backgrounds moving together

Postby im42n8 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:04 pm

The following tutorials let you design for many scenarios ... not just one specific, special case setup. They provide you with the tools to figure out how to address many situations where you want the images to move with the background ... nor not...

"FOLLOW ME" ... Part 4a has moving images over a static background
http://fenimorephotovideos.com/fpvp_doc ... g_p4a.html

"FOLLOW ME" ... Part 4b has background move in concert with the images.
http://fenimorephotovideos.com/fpvp_doc ... g_p4b.html

These tutorials may also be found here: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=22140

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby heckydog » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:30 am

I looked at the style to see how it's set up.

The sand photos appear to be laid out in a grid fashion to create a much larger sand background. The photos are then spread across the larger grid and come into view by using various transitions as the keyframes scan across the larger background. This lets the image move up, down, left and right to show each photo.

Layers 9 and 10, in the style I looked at, each have 50 keyframes and that creates the motion. But it appears that layer 9 is the one that's used for the modifiers. (I didn't look at every setting for every layer.) Not sure if layer 10 plays any part in the style.

All the sand photos, dust images, and your photos are keyed off of layer 9. If you hide every other sand photo and then play the show, you'll see a checkerboard of blank spaces and sand photos.

Bottom line, everything is linked to layer 9 with modifiers so that's why it all appears to move as one. btw, I only saw one layer, layer 48, that had a 0,0 pan setting.

Joe

Postby im42n8 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:05 pm

There are a number of ways to get an image to move with the background with and without modifiers. Unless you get the basics down on how to do it, things like this effect are harder to create. Knowing the basics shortens that timeline considerably. That's what the tutorials I've linked to try to do.

When it comes to using modifiers, which a lot of people seem to have a fear of trying, it helps to know that when a modifier is used to follow the pan of another layer, the effect is that the layer centers are aligned together. Then, any entry into the follower layer's pan settings creates an "offset" from the layer being followed. But, most people aren't exactly aware of that fact.

For that info, try this tutorial:

Pan Following Intro-Part 2 (LOCKED LAYERS)
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=22090

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby system » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:40 am

Ok thanks, links to tutorials are quite clear. Thank you all

Return to PSP - General Discussion