the best video container for a final editing ?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Valued Member

the best video container for a final editing ?

Postby drugo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:48 pm

Hi
i really like proshow producer ,but sometime i would like to use premiere cc 2015 to give to my slideshow a final editing

may i know what video container should i use render in proshow without losing quality ?

thanks
Proshow Producer v6.0.3410 windows 8.1 64 and windows 7 sp1 64

Re: the best video container for a final editing ?

Postby Alias » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:15 pm

My recommendation would be MP4 with H.264. High quality, manageable size and easy to work with whilst usable on the majority of devices.

An interesting read on the different containers and formats can be found http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/all-you-need-to-know-about-video-codecs-containers-and-compression/

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:37 am

In general the best answer would be a lossless compression (one popular one in the past in the video groups was cineform), however, the next best bet is to match what your final format will be. If you get the settings right, then only the changes you add in the video editor get recompressed - everything else is not modified and the less re-compression you have, the better the final results.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Valued Member

Postby drugo » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:47 am

gpsmikey wrote:In general the best answer would be a lossless compression (one popular one in the past in the video groups was cineform), however, the next best bet is to match what your final format will be. If you get the settings right, then only the changes you add in the video editor get recompressed - everything else is not modified and the less re-compression you have, the better the final results.

mikey

thanks Mikey
i see you use vegas, premiere cc uses smart render (means that it does not re-code re-compress ,i guess you know it better then me ;) )don't know which are the the container/codec that i can use with premiere and proshow without re-render the slideshow

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:42 am

Basically, you work backwards - decide what you want your final result to be (mp4, frame rate etc.) then work with the video editor to use the same format. In Vegas, you can select "match source" in part of the process (been a while since I was editing video, you will have to snoop for the exact option), but that is the goal - the less recompression, the better. (If you do use Vegas, check out the Sony Vegas forums. Pretty good bunch there).

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby piko » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:45 am

1. Huffyuv - lossless, but output file wil be BIG = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huffyuv OR https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagarith
2. MP4/H.264 with small compression

Valued Member

Postby drugo » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:03 am

piko wrote:1. Huffyuv - lossless, but output file wil be BIG = https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huffyuv OR https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagarith
2. MP4/H.264 with small compression

thsnkd Piko

Valued Member

Postby DonM » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:00 am

How would I use Langarth output from Producer?

Thanks Don

Postby Jeep » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:51 am

With ProShow 7, the MPEG-4 ADV output is now available with the choice of a Constant Rate Factor (CRF) which gives the very best results when setting the value to its default (20) or below.
The scale of this parameter goes from 1 to 51. The smaller value gives the best rendering. We may consider that 1 could be compared to a non-compressed output but a huge file !!
Why you must use this parameter ?
Because it operates on the quality rate, this a new concept in the video rendering, assuming a constant quality rate during the whole process. For now, its the best way to render video files in any software.
I personnally use this kind of output for all my professional outputs.
Jean-Pierre
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Return to PSP - General Discussion