How to select new slide style from within theme?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

How to select new slide style from within theme?

Postby Teetime » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:14 am

I'm sure I am missing something very basic here. I have created a slide show using the Wizard with the Wedding Classic theme. There are a few slides in the resulting show where I would like to select a different slide style from within the same Wedding Classic theme. I see that I can right click the slide and "Use Wizard on Selected Slides" and it will ask me which theme to use. But what I want to do in this case is actually select a specific slide style from within the Wedding Classic theme. How can I do that? I right click on the slide and select "Apply Slide Style" and it brings up a the list of themes but when I select the theme I want it does not display a list of slide styles. And although the "Apply to Slide" button appears enabled, it is in fact not. Suggestions?

I'm using Proshow Producer 7.
Jerry Photos • Video
www.takeonesolutions.com

Esteemed Member

Re: How to select new slide style from within theme?

Postby nantory » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:30 am

In step two of the "apply wizard on selected slide" if you hit the edit button, you can choose only the slide styles and transitions you want to use and then rename this theme to something different than Wedding Classic theme. You can edit any of the themes to make a new theme and use only the styles and transitions you want, just rename the new theme.

Postby Teetime » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:23 am

Nantory, I may be misunderstanding your response, but I don't think it addresses my need. Let me give a specific example of what I run into. Here are the steps:
1. I run the wizard on 150 photos using Wedding Classic Theme
2. Some of the slides combine 2 or three photos
3. For one of the slides that uses the three photo style, I wish to break that into two slides, one with 2 photos and one with 1 photo.
4. So far, the only way I've found to make that kind of change is to delete the slide, reinsert the three photos, and manually assign the appropriate slide styles.

Is there a better way?
Jerry Photos • Video
www.takeonesolutions.com

Postby cherub » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:26 am

Teetime wrote:...Here are the steps:
1. I run the wizard on 150 photos using Wedding Classic Theme
2. Some of the slides combine 2 or three photos
3. For one of the slides that uses the three photo style, I wish to break that into two slides, one with 2 photos and one with 1 photo.
4. So far, the only way I've found to make that kind of change is to delete the slide, reinsert the three photos, and manually assign the appropriate slide styles.

Is there a better way?

I don't use the Wizard normally, but because of your question, I tried to follow your steps, and to see what options are available.
I think that you are right. The Wizard does not present you, at any time, with the list of the styles and the transitions that are included in a specific theme. So you can't change styles while you are still in the Wizard. At least, I couldn't find any such way.

Changes can be made only after you save the show, and exit the Wizard.
You did the right thing by manually changing the styles for those particular pictures.
You have to understand that the Wizard is a machine, and it cannot guess which pictures belong together and which don't. Only you, the maker of the show, can know such a thing. If you only had problems with just a few slides, I'd say that you were pretty lucky, and the Wizard did a great job for you :D

To answer your question "Is there a better way ?"
Well, instead of deleting that slide, you can apply the style "No Style". It appears at the top of your list of styles, in a black rectangular.
This reverts the slide to its defaults, with no motions, no effects. Just the pictures.
But, there is no automatic way to create two slides from one, and to include two pictures in one slide, and one picture in the other.

If you wish to apply a style that was already used in your show (created with the Wizard/Wedding theme), you can copy the style from one slide to the slide that now has no style.
In your slide list, hold [CTRL] to select the slide with the style and the slide with no style
Then, right click on the slide with the style and choose Copy Effect > Copy slide style to selected slide
Or
Go by the name of the style that you see written underneath each slide and apply the same style to the slide with no style.

These are the only ideas that I have right now :D
Last edited by cherub on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Teetime » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:04 am

Mona, that is a great help; I'll try each of your ideas. Thanks for taking the time to post.
Jerry Photos • Video
www.takeonesolutions.com

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:17 pm

Sorry Jerry, you're right, I misunderstood your question and did not address your problem. I'm glad Mona's reply seems to have helped you.

Postby cherub » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:17 pm

I'm glad that you've found some answers, Jerry.

Return to PSP - General Discussion