My YouTube Uploading Issue.

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Valued Member

My YouTube Uploading Issue.

Postby NLAlston » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:54 pm

A few days back, I put together a couple of music uploads (with static imaging), in PSP7, and exported them to YouTube. This was so I could post a link, to some of my music, on another forum (FFP).

Everything seemed to go well, at first. Following, is the link to one of those uploads:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6S16V4 ... tion=share

I had expected that the uploads would go to my YouTube channel, but they did not. I only have the one YouTube account, which is what I signed in to (in PSP7) just prior to the exporting. My channel had 19 previous uploads, residing there, and that is the same number shown - even after the four new uploads. The only way for me to access the newly uploaded songs would be by using the links - such as the one above.

What did I do wrong?
BLESSINGS,
Nathan
(PSP7)

Re: My YouTube Uploading Issue.

Postby cherub » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:37 pm

Use your browser and go to your YouTube channel and make sure that you are logged in.
In the upper right corner of your browser, you will see your avatar on YouTube and your user name/identity. Click on that icon and see if there is a drop down menu, where you can see a different user/identity (also you, but different somehow).
If you have 2 different identities, you will be able to see your first videos in the channel of one user, and the later uploaded videos in the channel of the other user.

YouTube has made some changes some time ago, and since then things don't work quite as well (at least this has been my experience).
Not sure into which of your channels Producer is logging in, so I think that your best option is to use the browser to upload your stuff, and not directly through Producer.
In this way you know for sure where you are logged in.

Valued Member

Postby NLAlston » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:30 am

cherub wrote:Use your browser and go to your YouTube channel and make sure that you are logged in.
In the upper right corner of your browser, you will see your avatar on YouTube and your user name/identity. Click on that icon and see if there is a drop down menu, where you can see a different user/identity (also you, but different somehow).
If you have 2 different identities, you will be able to see your first videos in the channel of one user, and the later uploaded videos in the channel of the other user.

YouTube has made some changes some time ago, and since then things don't work quite as well (at least this has been my experience).
Not sure into which of your channels Producer is logging in, so I think that your best option is to use the browser to upload your stuff, and not directly through Producer.
In this way you know for sure where you are logged in.

Mona, I thank you much.

You were SO right. There was, indeed, another account that I'd forgotten about. I don't know HOW I'd let that escape me, but it sure did. As a rule, I don't really fool around much (at least, not of late) as far as uploading to YouTube. I had just done so, recently, so as to be able to link a few songs, that I had done, to another site. But I WILL follow your suggestion about using my browser to upload any future videos to YouTube, instead of PSP7.

Again, I thank you.
BLESSINGS,
Nathan
(PSP7)

Postby cherub » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:08 am

So, a different account altogether :D
That's a bit different than what I thought, but I'm glad that you solved the mystery.

Return to PSP - General Discussion