Applying styles and transitions without affecting timing?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Applying styles and transitions without affecting timing?

Postby Deecey » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:00 am

Hello,

I have pulled in a number of photographs that are random aspect ratios ... the photos are timed to narration and music. However I didn't apply any styles or themes or transitions to them yet.

I'm wondering if I can select a range of frames (say, frames 1-20) and then apply styles and transitions to them in bulk, rather than one at a time. But the key thing is I don't want to affect the timing that I've already done.

Is that possible? The only thing that I can find that might do something like this is the "Remix" feature, but that affects the timing and such.

Thanks in advance for clues on how I can do this!

Esteemed Member

Re: Applying styles and transitions without affecting timing

Postby Marie78 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:17 am

Hello

As far as I know, you can easily apply a transition to several slides at a time, a bit less easily apply a style to several slides at a time, but concerning the time :
  • A transition have a duration. You say that you did not apply transitions yet but have you left a default transition with a duration not equal to 0 ?
  • Most styles uses several layers and have animation : the duration of the animation may be not suitable to your slide duration
  • some styles need a specific duration of the transition before and /or after
  • the styles effects and the type of transition may need to ajust the synchronisation between the music tempo and the exact point when the photo appears

but nothing will change automatically the duration you chose except if you use the assistant.
Chris Marie

Re: Applying styles and transitions without affecting timing

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:51 am

Marie is pointing out something important, which is the transition time. Even if you haven't settled on the transitions you want, it's best to set a time or times for them. Otherwise, everything will have to be done over again because the music will no longer be properly timed.

As for applying styles to more than one slide at the same time, here's how you do it: Select all the slides you want to apply the same style to, then open Manage Effects from the Tools menu, choose the style you want, and apply it. It will be used in every slide you've pre-selected. You can't do this in the regular Effects screen (which is a shame).

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSP - General Discussion