Requirements for the 60 frames setting

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Valued Member

Requirements for the 60 frames setting

Postby RoseW » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:31 pm

In the choices to publish for computer devices or web there is a subsection of choices.
I tried the 60frame selection.
It did not play back well on the laptop (Win8.1- 8 memory and lesser graphics board than the desktop)
All the high setting max resolutions operate as expected.

I did a bit of searching but I couldn't find what actual physical requirements should be in place when using that choice of compiling.
Canon 6D,7D,
Lightroom & Photoshop Classic CC, Producer 6, Gold 6
Windows 10 pro
Epson Projector

Esteemed Member

Re: Requirements for the 60 frames setting

Postby Marie78 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:51 pm

Hello

As far as I know, 60 f/s needs powerfull video decoding. I have a video decoder connected to the TV and 50 f/s if the higher it can manage. Our ADSL boxes don't manage correctly more than 25 f/s.

Depending the computer and the graphic card, I noticed that the video fluidity when zooming or travelling, varies.

I'am not sure that you'll find a table with values for I beleave that it depends of the combination of the processor, the graphic card, the hard disk...
Chris Marie

Postby gpsmikey » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:19 am

I have not played with 60fps, but there are a number of thing that can bite you - it is all about getting the data from your storage medium through the pipeline and decoded then fed to the display. You can run into issues with the storage (disk or flash drive for example) not being able to keep up with the data rate or the decoder may not be able to handle that much data. Try a lower resolution at 60fps and see if that improves the response - that would indicate it is most likely a data flow rate issue.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby ezwriter » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:51 pm

This was interesting to me a while back because I wanted to do some zoom/pans across stitched landscape photos. At the time, I was playing them through a PlayStation 3. mp4 files did very poorly, the larger m2ts files did much better. The pans were always jerky when output in 1080p format, but did considerably better at 720p output. However, I wanted 1080p quality, so I just resigned myself to not doing strong zoom/pans.

I just recently redid my testing using both the PlayStation 3 and a new Samsung TV via its USB input. The Samsung TV handled all files including the 60 fps mp4 at High Quality beautifully, while the PS3 had its jerky problem. My computer had some jerkiness with 60fps mp4's at HQ, but did an OK job with 60fps at NQ.

It just tells me what the other answers indicate - the video processing capability of what I'm playing the show on makes a big difference.

[another] Dale

Return to PSP - General Discussion