Using different music in the same show

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Using different music in the same show

Postby apenan » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:11 am

Recently, I was commissioned to take photos of my friend's four year old son's birthday party.
I want to create a show using Proshow Producer 6 as a surprise gift to my friend. I want to
use different music for different sequence of the show. How can I do it?

Re: Using different music in the same show

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:21 am

Add more than one piece of music to the soundtrack. If you double-click any one of the waveforms seen in the soundtrack area, there are additional things you can adjust such as volume if, say, one of the songs is louder than the others. You can also adjust its "offset" from the song preceding it. There's also the ability to fade in a song and fade it out. (We all tend to forget there's the Help menu in Producer and also the manual, and to prove it, this last sentence just now got tacked on because I'd also forgotten the existence of those things until the last moment. :lol: )

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby im42n8 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:02 am

Adding to what Barbara said, when you put multiple sound tracks onto the timeline, they abut against each other. That is, at the point where the one song ends, the next song is right up against it (and will play immediately after the previous song ends). You cannot place song tracks at any location on the timeline you want. For that to occur, you need to set the song's offset.

That's why Barbara was mentioning the offset. A negative offset moves the sound track left while a positive offset moves the sound track right. Of course, there has to be some timeline available to do that. Editing the sound track allows you to determine where the start or end of a sound track is going to be. That's great for removing a long quiet segment at the end of the sound track ... making it easier for you to start the next song for the next slide or next image much easier (and to sound better too).

Overlapping songs slightly can make you feel like you're creating that same kind of music mix the DJs use on the Radio (seriously tho ... you don't want to do that ... at least, not that drastically! If there's an overlap, you want it limited...:shock: ).

As Barbara intimated, there's much more to this than it seems. But, this overview should get you started (it's easier than it sounds). From there it's simply a matter of experimenting until you get what's acceptable for you.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:33 am

im42n8 wrote:Overlapping songs slightly can make you feel like you're creating that same kind of music mix the DJs use on the Radio (seriously tho ... you don't want to do that ... at least, not that drastically! If there's an overlap, you want it limited...:shock: ).

Overlapping and using a fade-out and then a fade-in is a beautiful method for going gently from one song into another, but there's a method for doing it. I have an article on how: Go Gracefully Between Songs in ProShow.

Barbara

Postby bob2701 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:18 am

This may explain in a little more detail. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKEoBwx ... 17BCA6C8DF

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:36 am

That's a good link that shows how to cut and fade. My blog article was all about finesse, but what good is finesse without familiarity with the tools, eh what? :D

Barbara

Postby bob2701 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:22 am

Barbara, between your link and the one I put up Apenan should be good to go. 8)

Bob

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:04 am

Teamwork!

Barbara

Postby Astra » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:28 am

You could also use a "Project" - which will tie individual "Shows" together.

Advantage - to use - a Project (instead of having everything in ONE long show) is:
- shorter Shows are easier to handle - (timing of individual slides is simpler, & if you will move or add a slide - whole show will not be changed, but just this small portion),
- you could even change the order of shows,
- you could have a Menu - so people can look on one particular segment,
- if you decide to change music to one show, it will not upset your whole product.

Postby Slidewizards » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:29 pm

BarbaraC wrote:
im42n8 wrote:Overlapping songs slightly can make you feel like you're creating that same kind of music mix the DJs use on the Radio (seriously tho ... you don't want to do that ... at least, not that drastically! If there's an overlap, you want it limited...:shock: ).

Overlapping and using a fade-out and then a fade-in is a beautiful method for going gently from one song into another, but there's a method for doing it. I have an article on how: Go Gracefully Between Songs in ProShow.

Barbara

Great tip Barbara

Return to PSP - General Discussion