where do my styles go?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

where do my styles go?

Postby marion » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:30 pm

I have downloaded some slidestyle from youtube. The funny thing is some i can see in the slidestyles list, some i cant find. If i try adding them it says already added, but where the heck are they?? Is there an easy way to track them down?
And how can i make my pics fit to cubes styles? I tried for instance 700x700, nice square but the photos have gaps in between...
Marion

Re: where do my styles go?

Postby cherub » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:17 pm

To your question 1:
When you browse through the list of styles, make sure that you have the following selected:
ALL Categories
Aspect Ratio - ALL Ratios
Layers - ALL Layers
Captions - ALL Captions

In this way you will be able to see all the styles installed on your computer. Some styles are suitable for widescreen shows, and others are suitable for 4x3 standard shows (old TV).
Make sure that the show that you are working on and the styles that you are using have the same aspect ratio.

To your question 2 about those cube styles:
It's good that you cropped your pictures to perfect squares, but without knowing exactly what you downloaded from the internet, and how those styles were made, it's not possible to troubleshoot you. Not everything that you find on YouTube is correct, or of good quality. Try to address this question to the person who made those styles.

Postby marion » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:23 pm

Thanks Mona. And youre so right, some are funny or not complete. But lucky for us you can delete them again!
Marion

Postby marion » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:01 am

I still dont understand...i downloaded autumn Painting from grandpa Jack for instance. Click psh icon and it appears in the slideboxes. But not in slidestyles list. Schouldnt there be a category granpa jack with these styles? Or do i need to make a template out of the favourite ones?
Marion

Postby cherub » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:12 am

A psh file is a complete show, not a slide style.
You open it as you open any of your own shows.

Postby marion » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:54 am

so i cant use it with my own photos? I think i did that once before but i cant try that again because i cant drag and drop anymore. Suppose that problem gets solved, should i save it as a template unchecking and checking layers- to use it with my own pics? I tried to create a slidestyle from 1 of the boxes but that doesnt work.

Postby cherub » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:03 am

Marion,
I don't know what you've downloaded and what's inside that psh file.
But normally, if someone gives something to others, he does so, in order for them to be able to insert their own pictures.

Any show can be saved as a template, with replaceable and unreplaceable layers.
Similarly, all slides can be saved as slide styles, again, paying attention to mark the replaceable and unreplaceable layers.

Postby marion » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:10 am

Do you know if there are books or better videos about this subject? I spend hours trying stuff but no result/I have ordered Secrets of proshow but it has not arrived yet. And you tube i cant find videos.
Biggest problem right now is that i cant drag and drop the photos.

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:18 am

Hello

The automn painting is an example show, not a style.

You can replace the exemple photos by ours but to get the aspect of painted things, you have to apply effects to your photos with a photo editor software or a software like the one use here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23457.

The exemple only manage the painting action effect not the paintied result.
Chris Marie

Return to PSP - General Discussion