Moving objects in slide styles

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Moving objects in slide styles

Postby rrogers44 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:08 pm

Hello,

I have a question about modifying certain slide styles. I have seen several posts on "grouping layers" and that it is not possible. I am trying to figure out if that is what I need or not.

One slide style in question is: Collage Dark Landscape Multi Zoom

On this style there are two pictures, what I'd like to do is move one picture while also moving the darkener and the mask. There is a radio button that looks like it allows you to flatten them to move them, but nothing happens when you click it.

Is this possible? If not, what is the workaround?

PSP6

Thanks,

Rich

Re: Moving objects in slide styles

Postby cherub » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:03 pm

No, it is not possible in Producer to group layers in order to move them together.
You will have to move each layer separately: the mask, the image and the darkener, each at its new location.
There is no workaround here. Just move the mask where you want it to be (in all its keyframes), and copy the same pan values to the keyframes of the layers underneath it.

Postby rrogers44 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:40 am

Thanks Cherub. The last sentence is what I meant as a workaround. is there a right click method to copy that? Or just cutting and pasting the values from each frame of each layer?

Rich

Postby cherub » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:50 am

Yes, of course.
All the values can be copied in Producer.
Just select the number itself like in any other Windows program (until it becomes blue) and then Ctrl + C will copy it, and Ctrl + V will paste it.

In addition, the keyframe itself can be copied and pasted to another, and by this you copy everything that is in that keyframe (all the values: pan, zoom, tilt, rotation and adjustments).
Here is how: Place the mouse directly on the keyframe and RIGHT click. From the menu that opens, choose "Copy". Go to the other keyframe where you want to copy into, and right click again.
This time choose "Paste", or if you prefer, use the same keyboard controls as before.

Postby rrogers44 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:30 pm

Thank you. The keyframe piece was what I was looking for.

Postby cherub » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:15 am

Great :D
Happy to see that you found this information useful.

Return to PSP - General Discussion