It's been a while - Personal Update

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Esteemed Member

It's been a while - Personal Update

Postby JC » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:05 am

It’s been a while since I’ve really been at the forum (but I’ve popped in for a quick look every once in a while and was pleased to see that most of the guiding lights are still active) so I thought I’d offer a little update.

Most of my work has been producing videos for technical sales and training. Although I still get to use PSP for the occasional family slide show (the automation makes for quick work), I’ve had to switch to some other tools to meet client needs and expectations. My projects require research, concept development, scripting, graphics and motion graphics, video, stills, full production and post-production (I sometimes even do the voice-over myself…though I do frequently use professional voices).

Many of the projects are for internal use, but some are posted on YouTube. For those interested, here are a couple:

1) Killark at 100 – Not really technical in nature, this is a short five minute version of the original 20 minute video on the 100 year history of the client; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9RUNdYFvls

2) Hazardous Locations and the IEC – This is a 45 minute video on using electrical equipment in explosive atmospheres. It’s pretty much designed for those with a specific need or a general interest in engineering topics. But I think it might also be helpful for others with mild to moderate insomnia; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYS1monhRwU

So, that’s what I’ve been doing in my retirement career...no pigeon feeding yet!

I hope all of you are doing well.

Best regards,

Jeff

Re: It's been a while - Personal Update

Postby cherub » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:29 am

Hi Jeff, and welcome back !!!! :D
I have to be honest, when I saw your name, it took me a bit of time to remember, but in the end I did :lol:
I see that you've been keeping quite busy. Good for you !

Esteemed Member

Postby JC » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Thanks, Mona. I'm pleased that you remembered and that you took the time to say Hi. Kind regards, Jeff

Postby Astra » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:28 pm

Jeff,
thanks for posting your "Killark at 100" - beautifully done !!! A hat down for a professional.
Very nice of you to share this with us.

Alex

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:12 pm

"Killark at 100" - very well done. Nothing like a good arc when something blows to get everybody excited :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF5EDV6T7es

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby JC » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:10 am

Thanks, Alex....It's not that I didn't enjoy my main career, it's just that I get a real kick out of this one. Jeff

Glad you liked it Mikey. I enjoyed your link too! A little corona, field gradient and some inductive energy...boom...better than Halliday and Resnick! Thx again, Jeff.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:39 pm

Don't know if you have seen this one before, but it is pretty impressive (love his comments at the end). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkFH8lLvKZ0

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Esteemed Member

Postby JC » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:43 pm

Yup! Impressive is the word for it. Generation, energy conversion, distribution and transmission was my specialization track in school. Your video link is just a little reminder of how pleased I was to be on the slide rule side of things.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:53 pm

Yeah, with 500kv, when things go wrong, they really go wrong !! I stayed with stuff that has 5v (or 3.3v) running around on the cards. :D

mikey

Return to PSP - General Discussion