Rendering vs Memory Loss

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Re: Rendering vs Memory Loss

Postby EJAB » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:10 pm

Barbara ,,, Dale ...
Thanks for your opinion on V7. Just guess will have to wait for V8,,, V9 (...perhaps even 10) ! Dale,, Your PITA put a large smile on my face !! When the video's come off the chip into explorer I do go into "View" ,Date,, Frame Rate,,Etc, Etc. and list as much info as possible, this info appears under the frame for each clip only when in Explorer and when placed in Producers " File List" (as you Know). Its when you load into "Slide List" that you are left with "The Top Layer and as an example (Slide 57 img_2577 Slide 58 mvi_2578) very hard to pick up.
Even a Font Colour change would be fantastic,, but Ive tried that and up to this stage dead ends. And Yes you can Type In Upper case "VIDEO" before a warning comes up suggesting that this may damage or alter the clip. (There has Got to be a way around this I just haven't found it Yet). I know Stubborn is the Word.

Barbara,,, "Your Plowing a Field with a Teaspoon" was a classic. So I have decided to Split this show into Two or Three "France" - "Italy" - "Venice" so thanks for that.

Thanks again for all your combined help!

Kind Regards

John B.

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:04 am

EJAB wrote:Just guess will have to wait for V8,,, V9 (...perhaps even 10) !

I'm hoping they'll pull the same trick out of their hat that they did with versions 4 and 4.5, blessing us with a version 7.5 that includes something we'll all want. High hopes.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby algerg » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:47 pm

John,

I have recently rendered a large travel video (1 hr, 20 min in length) with slides and video. I used much fewer slides than you (600). The pictures were large files, 3 to 8 mb in size and I used multiple picture styles sparingly(no more than 4 pictures to a slide). I have an I7 Desktop with 8 gb of RAM and a Nvidia 760 video card. I am using Proshow Version 6. The video is in wmv format at 720p resolution which I edited using Sony Vegas Movie Studio. To break up the task, I made 13 different shows. I then combined them into 7 shows using the Project function (to not exceed the 8 show limit for Projects). I rendered the show to Bluray and DVD (although I needed 2 DVDs to capture the entire show). The Bluray ended up being about 16 gb in size. I turned off every unnecessary hidden program running in the background before rendering and burning. I also burned the show to a rewritable Bluray first and then copied this to a regular Bluray disc. The show looks and plays beautifully. This is the longest video I have produced. My audience was the 30 people I went on the trip with. I like this format using Chapters as people can just watch the individual segments they want or can play the whole show through using the Play All command. If I were to play this show to the general public, say for a travel chat, it would have to be 1/2 this length if not shorter.

Will

Postby im42n8 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:39 pm

I had no idea there was a limit to the number of shows in Producer. The 2nd time I created something in ProShow, it was a project, a family reunion. That project consisted of 14 different shows. However, I worked hard to keep the resulting video to something that would fit on a single DVD.

I work with many shows in my projects and often exceed 8 shows. Heck, I seem to have this knack for pushing the limits of ProShow... and when I do, it's often within a project.

WRT ProShow features, we all hope for this or that in the next version. Everytime, however, we get disappointed and/or surprised when that next version comes out. Like Barbara said, maybe we'll be surprised by something nifty like happened in v3.2 and 4.52. Ah heck, we can all dream and hope, right? :D

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby algerg » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Dale,

I thought the limit was 8 shows in a project, probably because the Menu templates in Publish only go up to 8. I would like to know how you do this. Do you use Thumbnails and Titles?

Will

Postby im42n8 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:06 pm

That's simply a menu limitation. If you want more shows in a project menu, edit the menu. You can use text or thumbnails ... if you use thumbnails, change the thumbnail size. Then, save the menu your created so you can use it again if you should want to.

Simple...

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Postby Astra » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:15 pm

Dale, how interesting:
im42n8 wrote:I had no idea there was a limit to the number of shows in Producer. The 2nd time I created something in ProShow, it was a project, a family reunion. That project consisted of 14 different shows. However, ........... :D Dale

... which reminded me: about 3 years ago I was working on (so far biggest & paid for) a Marketing DVD for a client.... and I also - did not have idea, there is ANY limit of shows in a Project....

So my final result was a Project of the length of: 70 minutes - mostly photos, plus couple of short videos - (all supplied by customer) -
- assembled from: 62x Individual Slideshows - ranging from 20 seconds (as introduction to one of 8 (of 9 ) parts of business, which was landscaping) - to 1 or 2 minutes max. each show.
Menu itself has 9x pages - each part of business has its own page. It was done on PSP Ver5 - on Windows XP.

..... sometimes "little ignorance" could make things done, which otherwise one would think are just not possible..... (somebody said it sometimes ago, I do not remember, who....)

Alex

Postby im42n8 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:59 pm

Sometimes ignorance is bliss. If you don't know that you're not supposed to do something, it's amazing what you can accomplish sometimes.... :D

Dale

Postby EJAB » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:22 pm

Hi Guy's and Gal's,,,, AN UPDATE.. Yes I accepted your responses re Rendering. (One thing - One Time- One Place) . However,,, However.. on the question of Video file finding and the Length,,, I stubbornly dug in my heels and said,,, "Got to be a Way - Got to be a Way" and after Two days,,, (and loosing Two Vid Files through renaming) success,,, Finding Videos !!! Sooo Simple I got mad at myself for even asking the Question. All the 1136 Photographs were taken at an Aspect Ratio of 3.2 Vert and Horz ,,, The Mov Video's not so they were a different size. After loading all Vid and Photo into the Slide line in order,, I simply set my show to 16.9 and set a background colour of Red,, this then put a border that you could see around all photographs but NOT around the Video,s,, took no longer than Five minutes to go through all 36 Video,, just to turn off the Camera Mic sound that this person had not done before taken said Movies. (One downside,,, if your Camera has been set at 16.9 i.e. 1920 X 1080 and the Video match,, could be in trouble ) I'm still working on that one.

Length Of Show,,,, Turned off Internet - Loaded up the 4GB patch - went to Task Mgr - Turned off all programs that were high in usage - then allocated Producer V5. to Priority High and Cpu's to all Max. Set show up through Publish via Video for Web devices etc choose Video File MP4 H264 - 1080 Profile High Quality pushed Create. Said some prayers, Then went to Bed.
:oops:
When I awoke ,,, to my utter amazement Seven Hours and Six minutes not stop Rendering,,, My biggest and Longest creation successful. :D :D :D :D :D

Now ,,,,,,, Its not all good. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

When I viewed this masterpiece,, to my horror,,,, on the very first Slide,,,, :!: :!: :!: A Major Missed spelled Word. :( :( :( :( .

I have to do it again. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'll leave you with that now.

Yours in Depression

EJAB (aka John Byron Melbourne Australia.)

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:31 am

John, we've all experienced some version of that misspelled word. They say misery loves company, but I've found other people's misery doesn't lessen my own. At least you know you aren't the only one to have to completely redo a show because of a single, itsy-bitsy item. In your case, however, you'd think such an error could keep itself to something a whole lot smaller and less time-consuming.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby EJAB » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:40 am

BarbaraC wrote:John, we've all experienced some version of that misspelled word. They say misery loves company, but I've found other people's misery doesn't lessen my own. At least you know you aren't the only one to have to completely redo a show because of a single, itsy-bitsy item. In your case, however, you'd think such an error could keep itself to something a whole lot smaller and less time-consuming.

Barbara

Barbara ... You are an Angel.

Tks

JB

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:05 am

It's really bad when the word you find misspelled after all that is your OWN name !! Been there, done that ... pounded my head on the wall and fixed it. :evil:

One thing that is usually worth the time - have someone ELSE watch the show and proofread it - it is very easy to skip missing words etc. because you know what you meant to say. Someone else will pick right up on it where you can read it 10 times and still not find it. Like the classic "the the" or "of of" (reading it out loud can also help find things - your brain seems to listen better when you are speaking it instead of just reading it.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby im42n8 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:10 am

Been there done that .... :?

As Forrest Gump sez, "Stuff Happens..."

(Besides, I think it's a Murphey's Law ... the longer the masterpiece, the more that can go wrong. Or Stuff Happens in Plain Sight --- sure to be missed particularly if you're in a time crunch.)

Dale

Previous

Return to PSP - General Discussion