Is this possible with ProShow Producer?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Is this possible with ProShow Producer?

Postby pgmusicman » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a total ProShow newbie, so I hope this question isn't too obvious. I was looking around on Youtube at different slideshows and I saw a section in one that I thought was really cool and I was wondering if it can be done with ProShow.

Here is the Youtube clip:
https://youtu.be/p82enkCi6KY?t=8m35s

The clip should start at 8:35 into the video. The section I would like to do in my own show is from 8:35 to 10:00.

Thanks for any help/suggestions!
-Mark

Re: Is this possible with ProShow Producer?

Postby heckydog » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:51 pm

That particular section is made from an After Effects project file that is listed on videohive.net. It sells for $32 and is a very popular project. Here's a link to it: http://videohive.net/item/photo-gallery ... on/3209013. If you have After Effects you can purchase it and create a video for use in PSP. The music is also a licensed item but of course, you could use your own music.

I'm a bit confused because the youtube video was posted by memorymagic.ca which I assume is a Canadian domain. They would have had to purchase an extended license in order to show that and even then it's only supposed to be for one client.

To answer your original question, it would be extremely difficult to recreate in PSP. If anybody PM's you with an offer to do it in PSP, let your conscience be your guide. :|

oh, and welcome to the forum. :)

Joe

Postby im42n8 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:11 pm

If what you're referencing is the hanging photos in their frame (where the photos move with the frame to and fro and the like)... it's not like it can't be done in Producer. For example, refer to the link below. It's a link to an EARLY version of such an example ... since that was effect was created, Producer v6 and v7 have been released. Those releases provide text layers that allow the captions to move more realistically with the frames (the effect has not been updated for release yet to include those text layers). The slide background in the link below is not video but that doesn't mean video can't be used.

So, the ANSWER is yes it can be done in PSP. There are several vendors who have similar functionality to the effect shown in the link below. Now, Joe said it was "extremely difficult to recreate in PSP." Hmmmm ... I think that depends on your familiarity with the program. For newbies, yep ... very difficult. For the more advanced, not quite so difficult. To make the effect such that it can extend seamlessly across multiple slides ... yep... that's an undertaking of an advanced user.

EXAMPLE (Early)
http://fenimorephotovideos.com/styles_producer.html

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby heckydog » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:05 pm

im42n8 wrote:If what you're referencing is the hanging photos in their frame (where the photos move with the frame to and fro and the like)... it's not like it can't be done in Producer. For example, refer to the link below. It's a link to an EARLY version of such an example ... since that was effect was created, Producer v6 and v7 have been released. Those releases provide text layers that allow the captions to move more realistically with the frames (the effect has not been updated for release yet to include those text layers). The slide background in the link below is not video but that doesn't mean video can't be used.

So, the ANSWER is yes it can be done in PSP. There are several vendors who have similar functionality to the effect shown in the link below. Now, Joe said it was "extremely difficult to recreate in PSP." Hmmmm ... I think that depends on your familiarity with the program. For newbies, yep ... very difficult. For the more advanced, not quite so difficult. To make the effect such that it can extend seamlessly across multiple slides ... yep... that's an undertaking of an advanced user.

EXAMPLE (Early)
http://fenimorephotovideos.com/styles_producer.html

Dale

The OP asked for THAT effect to be done in PSP. I stand by what I said. Anything made 100% in PSP would pale by comparison.

Postby im42n8 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:43 pm

Right Joe ... let's just agree to disagree shall we?

The fact is, the EFFECT in that video CAN be done in PSP ... perhaps not EXACTLY as in the video ... but that's not what the OP asked specifically. Only if the effect could be done in PSP. The answer is YES, it can be done in PSP. Your expertise in Producer is showing, so too is your expertise in AE.

Dale
Last edited by im42n8 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby heckydog » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:02 am

You took one half of one sentence out of everything that I said in my original post and took 2 paragraphs to tell me you think I was wrong. The fact is, if Mark has AE, or has a friend who has AE, I have told him EXACTLY where he can get that EXACT project file so he can do it EXACTLY that way for his show. The author of that original project has made at least $180,000 in sales from it. If you think you can do as well using PSP, then knock yourself out.

Until then, your expertise in Producer is showing, so too is your expertise in AE.

I don't know what you're implying with that statement, but I don't claim to be an "advanced" user of either product.

But I sure as heck knew EXACTLY where to direct the gentleman in his quest to find that effect. Now it's up to him to decide how he wants to proceed but at least he knows more now than he did before he posted.

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:22 am

heckydog wrote:I'm a bit confused because the youtube video was posted by memorymagic.ca which I assume is a Canadian domain. They would have had to purchase an extended license in order to show that and even then it's only supposed to be for one client.

Reading the description, the show appears to have been created for a specific client. So the effect isn't being resold, which would for sure be a no-no. This is purely me thinking out loud and amounts to nothing more: Using the effect would be equivalent to someone buying a wedding set of styles from me and incorporating them into a show built for a customer. If I were to charge extra for the use of those effects in commercial shows, I'd be shooting myself, not in one foot, but in both feet. Then again, the decisions people make aren't necessarily identical.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby heckydog » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:01 am

The TOS will vary from seller to seller and author to author. Your terms are different than what is typical on videohive.net.

MemoryMagic can certainly buy the extended license from the author and use it to sell to a single client. The extended license is $96. Terms are here: http://videohive.net/licenses/standard?license=extended

The license for the song is $18, and the terms are slightly more confusing: http://audiojungle.net/licenses/terms/music_standard

So, to just break even on those two items, MM has to sell their show for a minimum of $116. So what do they sell it for, $200?. I have no idea. I tried to find that show on their site but couldn't. I didn't try very hard either, honestly. Are there that many people willing to pay that kind of money for a show?

A more likely scenario would be for the client to buy the show for $32, and tell MM to include it in their show, for an extra fee for the labor I suppose. That's legit and it's basically what I suggested to the OP.

But MemoryMagic's name is on that youtube post, so in essence they are saying it's theirs and that's what confuses me. If someone sees the show, and goes to their site and says I want that show, what does MemoryMagic show them?

Joe

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:19 am

heckydog wrote:But MemoryMagic's name is on that youtube post, so in essence they are saying it's theirs and that's what confuses me. If someone sees the show, and goes to their site and says I want that show, what does MemoryMagic show them?

Joe

It's possible that MM isn't aware of the ability to designate a YouTube video as unlisted so the show can't be easily found.

The nut of the problem, though, is that a person's ethics might be absolutely pure, but the questioning of those ethics can forever color public perception.

Barbara

Esteemed Member

Postby JBD » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:42 am

BarbaraC wrote:
heckydog wrote:But MemoryMagic's name is on that youtube post, so in essence they are saying it's theirs and that's what confuses me. If someone sees the show, and goes to their site and says I want that show, what does MemoryMagic show them?

Joe

It's possible that MM isn't aware of the ability to designate a YouTube video as unlisted so the show can't be easily found.

The nut of the problem, though, is that a person's ethics might be absolutely pure, but the questioning of those ethics can forever color public perception.

Barbara

I agree with you 100% Barbara.

MM does custom DVD stuff so it might not be on their site. How she did it is her business and I am not a god so it it is not up to me to question her ethics. MM does great work. I bought some of her stuff and love it!!!

I really don't see what the problem is.

Postby heckydog » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:38 pm

JBD wrote:
BarbaraC wrote:

Joe

Barbara

I agree with you 100% Barbara.

MM does custom DVD stuff so it might not be on their site. How she did it is her business and I am not a god so it it is not up to me to question her ethics. MM does great work. I bought some of her stuff and love it!!!

I really don't see what the problem is.

I suggested the possibility that the client purchased the project file and gave it to MM to include in the show and said it was a perfectly legitimate thing to do. So I am not questioning the ethics of MM.

But the OP saw that video and was interested in that part of it. I should have just sent him to MM and let them work it out. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be too helpful on this forum I guess.

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:40 am

heckydog wrote:Sometimes it doesn't pay to be too helpful on this forum I guess.

Aw gee, Joe, that's not what I was trying to do to you. My concern was only that the woman behind MemoryMagic might be inadvertently harmed. It can happen from what are sometimes no more than offhand comments. On a forum--and all the internet, for that matter--people are reduced to just words typed on the screen, and it can easily lead to problems. So at the cost of my typing even more words, don't you dare stop trying to help. :D

Barbara

Postby Bevie » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:07 pm

I love a good discussion. Heckydog please don't back off. I saw this effect the other day, fell in love with it and was wondering how they did it. It would have taken me forever to find this out on the internet but you were nice enough to give the details about it. It is absolutely beautiful!

You mentioned how much the creator of this effect has made. Is that amount correct? WOW :shock: Way to go! Would you mind if I asked how did you find out (about how much they've made)? I'm just curious. Going over to VideoHive to check it out.

JUST REALIZED - all I had to do was look to see how many sales were made to find out the amount :oops: opps

Thanks again for the information :D
ProShow User since 2013 - ProShow Producer 6 - Novice

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGalleryPage

Mac 10.6.8
Proshow Producer 6 - Parallels 8 - Windows 7
Photoshop CS4

Postby trulytango » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:24 am

It's certainly a lovely effect. The more I see what can be achieved in After Effects, the more I want to give it a go... but I suspect the sieve-for-a-brain that resides inside my head would actually self destruct :lol:
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Return to PSP - General Discussion