Edit A pre show

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Edit A pre show

Postby dadcowell » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:53 pm

I have Producer, which alows me to edit video clips. But as far as I can see, I can't trim and edit a video clip that I'm using in the pre show. I'd like to trim a 28 second clip to about 15 seconds. I'd also like to add a still picture as a layer to run on top for about 10 of those seconds. That still should also become brighter and then fade out.

Does anyone have an idea? Do I have to buy an external video editor? I also own photo shop elements.

Bill

Esteemed Member

Re: Edit A pre show

Postby Marie78 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:45 pm

Hello

You can select a part of your video :
  • select the layer of your video
  • on the first tab, layer parameters, you have in the right lower part the parameters for the video : the length is given and you have a button to cut it (my version is in french, then I do not know the exact name of the button in the original version)
  • when you click on that button you get a windows allowing you to decide where you want to begin and where you want to end the video

For the still image, you have to use the keyframes so to modify the brightness :
  • put one keyframe where you want the brigthtness begin to change, lets say at 7 seconds, and tick near the brithness set to 0
  • put another keyframe at 8 seconds (or more according to the effect you want) and set the brightness to the value you want
  • then drag the last keyframe at 10 seconds and click on "Cut" below that keyframe to choose a fading transition
  • then ajust the transition duration
  • adjust also the brigthness of that last keyframe (back to 0 or less or the the same value as the third one)
Chris Marie

Postby dadcowell » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:57 am

Thanks Marie for that explanation.

Can I do all of that for a "Pre-Show"

Bill

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:38 am

Hello

Sorry but I do not know what is a pre show. Can you explain, please.
Chris Marie

Postby dadcowell » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:25 am

Sure,

When you get to the point of creating your show, pro-show provides an option to run a 5 or 10 second video. That option is on the screen that appears right after you click "Publish". That is the "Pre-Show". Pro show calls it the "Intro Show". So when you load your completed dvd, the "pre-show" video will run. When it finishes, the entry page, containing buttons to start the slide show, is displayed.

Bill

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:35 am

Hello

As far as I know, you may use for the intro, your pre-show psh file or the video file made from it if you first publih that pre show as a video file.
Chris Marie

Postby dadcowell » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:45 am

Marie,

OK!

Thanks for your advice and for the effort that you put in to helping.

I will try editing a file first and then inserting it as an intro.

Bill

Valued Member

Postby Tonel » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:12 am

Your 'pre-show', or 'first play' as I believe it is usually referred, can be a video file made with whatever prog you want and have whatever you want in it. Just point Proshow to wherever you have saved it and it will be added to the dvd you're creating and always play before the dvd menu (hence the instruction -'first play')

I always create a 'first play' video made with Bluff Titler and Vegas Movie Studio (for adding sound) to display a brand title, like '20th Century Fox', 'United Artists', etc. I create a slightly different one each year of my own brand name. I just feel it gets the show off to the kind of start you see with commercial films. The brand name isn't registered anywhere - it's just for show.

It gives the audience time to settle down and stop talking before the main event begins.

Tony
Self build Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, C=250GB 850EVO SSD, Asus 2GB GTX960, Win10H 64bit, PSP9
iMac 27" Retina 5K i5, 24GB RAM, Radeon M295X 4GB, Bootcamp Win10H 64bit

Return to PSP - General Discussion