frustrating

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

frustrating

Postby francesca » Sun May 31, 2015 2:58 pm

Oh, now that I'm back playing with program, I can remember how frustrating it can be.

90 minutes to render a video (125 slides)! Haven't they made this faster....................

Re: frustrating

Postby gpsmikey » Sun May 31, 2015 8:09 pm

There have been some recent grumbles about rendering speed but first, what OS are you running, what does your gpu benchmark score indicate (From the menu, use "Help" --> "About" - in the image that pops up, on the right hand side near the bottom, it will indicate your "GPU benchmark score". What processor and how much RAM do you have? If all that seems reasonable, I would suggest contacting (email or phone) Photodex support (they actually have real people there that know what they are doing) and see if they can help.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby francesca » Sun May 31, 2015 8:17 pm

it's not an old computer......... window 7 , there is no video in the slideshow !
don't know about the processor and ram but Im sure I have more than needed........

Postby cherub » Sun May 31, 2015 8:39 pm

Francesca,
Please write here the number that Mikey mentioned - the GPU benchmark
I'm not sure if graphic card acceleration plays any part in rendering, but it will give us an idea about your computer.

You said before that you have recently upgraded from Producer 4.5 to 7.
The latest versions require much more computer resources than the old ones.

Postby francesca » Sun May 31, 2015 8:49 pm

I don't know where and how to see the GPU benchmark...................... anyhow the show has rendered.

Yes I upgraded from an old version, but I also upgraded my pc just before OS8

Postby cherub » Sun May 31, 2015 10:01 pm

francesca wrote:I don't know where and how to see the GPU benchmark

In Producer:
Help > About ProShow
Immediately beneath Client Key

Postby francesca » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:39 am

:D learn something everyday.....................thanks Mona, always can count on you

it says: 15 Is that good ? :roll:

Postby cherub » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:55 am

Hi Francesca,
I really don't wish to discourage you, but, no, 15 is not good at all. The minimum should be above 50 and the maximum 160 or even more.
It means that you are not using Producer 7 at its full capacity, and some things, especially where tilting effects are applied, will look blurred on your screen.
This blurring will only show up while you work on a show, but will disappear in the final video output.

As you are telling us that your computer is relatively new, perhaps something is not configured right ?
Why don't you give a call to Photodex support. They might have some ideas for you.

Postby francesca » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:59 am

wowwwww, will check

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:21 pm

That was why I told you how to check the benchmark score in my post. 15 is NOT a good number. My system is 5 or 6 years old now (don't remember exactly when I built it). Not fancy, but decent motherboard and video card and I get somewhere around 160 for a GPU benchmark score. Without knowing your system, I would suspect a laptop or at least one that shares memory between the system and the video - that tends to slow things down, but costs less to do it that way. I would expect software like Photoshop or any video editing software would also be problematic. As for what processor and how much ram, the easiest way is to RIGHT click the "computer" icon on your desktop and select "Properties" - you should see something like the following image for a windows7 machine:

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby francesca » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:54 pm

Thank you Mike

so do I need a better video card??

Aspire Z5801
Rating 5.2
Processor Intel R) Core (TM) i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00 ghz
Ram: 8G
64 bit Operating system
Pen and touch : touch input available

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:19 pm

In taking a quick look at it on a UK site, it doesn't look like there is much you can do as far as adding a different video card etc. The problem with laptops and "all in one" things like yours is they have sacrificed flexibility for creating the sleek package. I think my video card is thicker than your display/computer housing. I'm not sure just what your upgrade options are (it looks cool though) From the review, it sounds like a decent machine, so without digging into it more, i can only speculate on why the GPU score (and your rendering times) are so bad. http://www.stuff.tv/acer/aspire-z5801/review

mikey

Postby francesca » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:50 pm

Just installed the program on new OLD (8 year old) laptop and the benchmark is double !! Ouch, ouch.......................

Postby RobertBarnett » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:54 am

First off we really don't know what score really means in regards to anything. Second of all video rendering is a slow process unless the program doing it is GPU accelerated specifically for video rendering say like Adobe Premiere or After Effects or Photoshop is. So expect rendering to take a bit of time as I don't think ProShow is GPU accelerated for video rendering and if it is how well a job they did on it. If their last upgrade is any clue as to how well they upgrade things then they probably did a poor job if they did it at all. Lastly upgrade your video card drivers. If they are old and out of date your GPU features could be off or disabled. I didn't get accelerated video rendering in Adobe products until I upgraded my video card drivers because the features needed were in beta status until the last driver. So upgrade those video card drivers and do that often.

Robert

Valued Member

Postby Luke_Miller » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:29 am

My Windows 7 64 bit PC is about three years old. I specified it for video production. It has an Intel i7 processor with mid-level graphics card. The Window Experience Index is 7.6 with Graphics performance at 7.9. I had the PC built for editing high definition video in Premiere Pro. But my work in Producer benefits as well. Producer reports a GPU score of 246. It is rare for a Producer show to render in greater than real time. That is - render time is normally less than the show running time and often much less.

Next

Return to PSP - General Discussion