Can I do this to video?

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related
Esteemed Member

Can I do this to video?

Postby tjdowning » Thu May 21, 2015 5:17 am

Since I usually only add photos to my shows for family and friends, want to check out before I proceed and get myself in deeper than I want.

Nephew wants one of the video clip shows put to a song where people lip sync and then have mini clips.

If I got all my mini clips of people and then want to drop into the show, a couple of questions.
1. Can I edit each video clip in ProShow Producer to shorten to shorten to just the part I want of each or do I need to edit each one in a video editing software first? I want the easiest way to do this.
2. So if I get to the point where I have all the clips dropped into show and want to flow clip to clip without any transitions, setting transition to "0" will achieve this or is there another trick? Ultimately would like a smooth flow.

I understand that the result would not be so professional looking but want something that is pretty good.
I have a flip video camera that takes good video, so hoping this process isn't something I may regret :)
Thanks for any help/ideas/tips that will save me from pulling my hair out :)
-Terri Downing
Iowa User

Re: Can I do this to video?

Postby heckydog » Thu May 21, 2015 6:16 am

This sounds like you want to do a music video with each different scene being lip-synced by a different person.

Personally, I think the best way to do it is in a video editor with multiple track capability so each mini clip is on its own track. Then you have the freedom to lock down your audio track and slide the clips back and forth as needed. Each track moves independently and isn't influenced by anything happening on another track. Trimming each clip is also easier.

PSP doesn't have that kind of flexibility.

Joe

Esteemed Member

Postby tjdowning » Thu May 21, 2015 7:06 am

THANKS Joe!

That's what I need to know! I appreciate your quick reply!

-Terri

Postby gpsmikey » Thu May 21, 2015 8:31 am

Yeah, what Joe said. Proshow can do some great stuff, but fancy stuff with video isn't one of them. You can get one of the economy video editing packages and work that fairly easily then render to a single video clip you can put in Producer with the rest of a slide show for example. A decent slide show is a pain in most video editors, but editing multiple video clips together is a pain in Producer too !

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby tjdowning » Thu May 21, 2015 8:59 am

Thanks Mikey!!!

Return to PSP - General Discussion