Version 7 Now Available!

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Re: Version 7 Now Available!

Postby tdew » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:00 am

It could very well be something Vimeo has done to make things go faster. I hope someone else will pop in and tell whether they have had the same experience.
Unless photodex has done something in version 7 to make the files different, It shouldn't have anythng to do with how photodex does the uploads, as I make the video file, save it to my computer and then upload it directly to vimeo. I don't do it from inside proshow.

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:09 am

I do the same with my YouTube videos. Anyway, I know they've made changes to the rendering process, but because I got really curious about your upload experience, I've put the question to Photodex and will let you know what they end up saying. Here's what I predict: They'll say the rendered files are smaller. However, it never takes much for me to be wrong.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:06 am

The answer came quickly, and here it is paraphrased:

Many of the built-in video presets were optimized in v.7 so that smaller files with equal or better quality are now rendered and are rendered quicker. The video presets for the various hosting services (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Smugmug) were also optimized. Essentially, smaller files being uploaded should take less time on a given connection speed. As for processing being quicker on Vimeo's end, it may be that version 7's video format is easier for their system to convert.

Because Photodex probably isn't hobnobbing with Vimeo, it doesn't know if Vimeo likes the new format better or not. My guess? It's the smaller, optimized files helping speed things up. Whatever the reason, it's a happy thing. 8)

Barbara

Postby tdew » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:35 pm

Thanks Barbara for getting the official answer. It makes sense and I like the improvement.

Postby tdew » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:20 pm

This entry on the Proshow blog probably explains thngs
http://www.proshowblog.com/2015/06/crea ... proshow-7/

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:32 am

tdew wrote:This entry on the Proshow blog probably explains thngs
http://www.proshowblog.com/2015/06/crea ... proshow-7/

Indeed, it does explain some things. They didn't mention that 60 frames per second can take a lot longer to render, but it should make quick sense to people. I haven't done a scientific study because it involves too much waiting time, but I did do a comparison in just one instance and found that, at 60, the video ran a bit smoother than at 30, so I've stuck with 60. The upload time on YouTube, however, appears to be a bit slower than uploading larger AVI files. Photodex's mention that the algorithms of a service perhaps affecting the upload makes me think it's what we're both hitting. Vimeo may be doing a better job of it than YouTube. This is all guesswork on my part, of course.

Barbara

Postby peterphelan » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:07 am

I just downloaded a small update - 7.0.3527 now. Wonder what's new? :)

Peter
Peter Phelan
The Imaging Company Ltd

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:23 am

peterphelan wrote:I just downloaded a small update - 7.0.3527 now. Wonder what's new? :)

Peter

Fixes for things that needed fixing. :D

Barbara

Postby Bevie » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:52 am

I tried a few samples of music. Not bad. They even had some electro-swing music, I'm a big fan of Parov Stelar so I'm impressed. It had to download the previews and the actual track so thank goodness you don't have all 250+ tracks stored on your hard drive.

Probably not doing this right - never heard of Parov Stelar but looked him up on YouTube and like what I hear. Thanks : D
ProShow User since 2013 - ProShow Producer 6 - Novice

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGalleryPage

Mac 10.6.8
Proshow Producer 6 - Parallels 8 - Windows 7
Photoshop CS4

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:03 am

It's been pointed out elsewhere that the music in the library is copyrighted just as it should be, of course, but a number of the musicians' works are registered on YouTube. I knew there were potential problems with this, and then it happened: One person used library music in a video, and YouTube flagged it as copyrighted music, explaining that ads might show up in the video. It's up to everyone how they want to deal with this potential. If the ads don't bother you, then there's no problem; if they bother you, then it might be best to go back to your former way of finding music. Or not post on YouTube when using library music. That's always an option, too.

Barbara

Postby adami » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:58 am

double post. unable to delete it. no such option
Last edited by adami on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby adami » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:08 am

Thanks to your posts I see no point to upgrade to V7 (paid upgrade). I was thinking to do so because of RF Music rather than UI. I`ve got new credit card and along with it as new user I received €75 credit on it to spend as I wish. It supposed to go to upgrade, but it looks like I will rather add a few coins and renewal my VideoBlocks subscription ($99 per year / €89) with full access to their AudioBlocks. I had PSP trial and was disappointed with their "240" limited music titles which are almost the same and only good for weddings and fun staff not much for corp PV (Promo Video) or corp presentation. Thank you again guys. PSP6 works good for me so far, though sometimes a little bit slow on 64bit Win7 12RAM machine.
Last edited by adami on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:11 am

adami wrote:Thanks to your posts I see no point to upgrade to 7 (paid upgrade). I was thinking to do so because of RF Music rather than UI. I received new Credit Card and along with it as new user €75 to spend as I like. It looks like it won`t go for PSP but rather to renewal VideoBlocks ($99 per year) with full access to their AudioBlocks. I had PSP trial and was disappointed with their "240" limited titles which are almost the same and good for weddings and fun staff not much for corp PV (Promo Videos) or presentation. Thank you again guys. PSP6 works good for me, though slow on 64bit Win7 12RAM

There's a bit of history with Photodex that you should keep in mind: Back when they came out with version 4 and the ability to create slide styles, we were all quite happy with it, but it wasn't too long afterward that they came out with version 4.5 in which we could also create transitions. I won't be surprised if we see something special show up, perhaps in version 7.5, though I've no idea what it might be. We all have our individual dreams for Producer. :D

Barbara

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:13 am

adami wrote:double post. unable to delete it. no such option

The only way you can delete it is if you choose the second one, and if no one (me, for instance!) posts before you can manage to delete the last post.

Barbara

Postby adami » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:17 am

BarbaraC wrote:
adami wrote:Thanks to your posts I see no point to upgrade to 7 (paid upgrade). I was thinking to do so because of RF Music rather than UI. I received new Credit Card and along with it as new user €75 to spend as I like. It looks like it won`t go for PSP but rather to renewal VideoBlocks ($99 per year) with full access to their AudioBlocks. I had PSP trial and was disappointed with their "240" limited titles which are almost the same and good for weddings and fun staff not much for corp PV (Promo Videos) or presentation. Thank you again guys. PSP6 works good for me, though slow on 64bit Win7 12RAM

There's a bit of history with Photodex that you should keep in mind: Back when they came out with version 4 and the ability to create slide styles, we were all quite happy with it, but it wasn't too long afterward that they came out with version 4.5 in which we could also create transitions. I won't be surprised if we see something special show up, perhaps in version 7.5, though I've no idea what it might be. We all have our individual dreams for Producer. :D

Barbara

Thanks Barbara,

I use PSP for making presentation or promo video easy way. However from time to time I make entry, which would take longer to make on AE, then I take that specific part and add to Premiere Pro where the main production goes. I usually upgrade PSP every 2 years. This is when new versions come up. Maybe I will wait for 8 then :) (2017?)

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - General Discussion