Version 7 Now Available!

Discuss anything ProShow Producer related

Re: Version 7 Now Available!

Postby adami » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:18 am

BarbaraC wrote:
adami wrote:double post. unable to delete it. no such option

The only way you can delete it is if you choose the second one, and if no one (me, for instance!) posts before you can manage to delete the last post.

Barbara

Thanks. I will remember next time. I had error and thought it won`t show up. Then after second submit both posts were in :)

Postby adami » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:23 am

BarbaraC wrote:It's been pointed out elsewhere that the music in the library is copyrighted just as it should be, of course, but a number of the musicians' works are registered on YouTube. I knew there were potential problems with this, and then it happened: One person used library music in a video, and YouTube flagged it as copyrighted music, explaining that ads might show up in the video. It's up to everyone how they want to deal with this potential. If the ads don't bother you, then there's no problem; if they bother you, then it might be best to go back to your former way of finding music. Or not post on YouTube when using library music. That's always an option, too.

Barbara

I use music from AudioBlocks which I mixed in Adobe Audition. YT did not delete my 3 videos but it was showed that music is copyrighted. I wasn`t able to download my own video either. I contacted Videblocks guys and next day music I used had been cleared and my video was ready to download in admin area :D

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:33 am

adami wrote:I use music from AudioBlocks which I mixed in Adobe Audition. YT did not delete my 3 videos but it was showed that music is copyrighted. I wasn`t able to download my own video either. I contacted Videblocks guys and next day music I used had been cleared and my video was ready to download in admin area :D

Any number of us have had similar experiences on YouTube, and putting in a protest usually clears it up. It's altogether possible it could be handled in the same way with Photodex's music. I find it really annoying because YouTube is an important part of my business, but I'm hardly representative of all users.

By the way, most often they simply flag a video as having copyrighted music instead of taking it down.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby cherub » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:34 am

Just to straighten some things out.
The music provided by Photodex is Royalty Free. The problem with YouTube is of a different nature.
They allow artists to claim ownership of their tracks (copyright), and to monetize on their music, even though they sold their rights to various audio firms - in the case of Photodex this firm is AudioMicro.
The artists' claims are made through 3rd party firms such as AdRev.

The whole process of monetizing is not entirely kosher, and it can be disputed.
I won such a dispute, and there are no ads in my latest demo, although I'm using a track from the Music Library of Producer 7.

@ adami,
The same copyright claims for the right to monetize and to place ads, has happened to me also with music from AudioBlocks, and I disputed those claims in the same way as I disputed the Photodex cases.
So, not sure which is more cost effective for you: Producer 7 or AudioBlocks :D

Postby adami » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:35 am

cherub wrote:
@ adami,
The same copyright claims for the right to monetize and to place ads, has happened to me also with music from AudioBlocks, and I disputed those claims in the same way as I disputed the Photodex cases.
So, not sure which is more cost effective for you: Producer 7 or AudioBlocks :D

Thanks for input. As for music choice AudiBlocks would be my choice, but only when I renew my VideoBlocks with many good staff in there for use in video production. At the same time for all members of VB they get access to AB at the same time. They separated audio with background, RF moving bkgr etc. It all used to be under one umbrella VB :D

Postby Bevie » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:24 am

Wouldn't it be something that the reason Proshow came out with such an uninspired update aka 'Version 7' is that maybe - just maybe they are finally coming out with a Mac verison ??? :D :D :D :D

Maybe?

Hey it could happen :evil: Right? :roll:

Proshow if you need people to test a Mac verison you still have a few loyal Mac customers left who would love to help. :D But don't wait too long - even the PC'ers aren't too thrilled with Proshow right now. :cry:

Proshow??? Anyone out there??? Hello ???
ProShow User since 2013 - ProShow Producer 6 - Novice

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGalleryPage

Mac 10.6.8
Proshow Producer 6 - Parallels 8 - Windows 7
Photoshop CS4

Esteemed Member

Postby joemav57 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:15 pm

They haven't gone Mac by now, I truly doubt they ever will.
PSP 7, Photoshop CS6, Nikon D3100.

Esteemed Member

Postby Richard_T » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:54 am

One quick question, browsing this topic it appears that version 7 doesn't realy offer that much, if anything new ( apart from some music )
is it worth the Upgrade from 6 to seven?

Postby cherub » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:23 pm

Hi Richard,
I see that nobody has answered your question yet.
We here might have a biased opinion, having expected much, much more after such a long period of no updates.
So, here is Photodex' description of what's new in Producer 7.
You'll have to decide for yourself if this is worth your 90 USD :)
http://kb.photodex.com/7603/whats-new-i ... roducer-7/

Previous

Return to PSP - General Discussion